You added Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees / Middlesbrough to your Saves list
Great deals online.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

30 mins to check in, the last room which was out of service. Worst experience ever!
Although in the past has been good it was awful. I pre booked but waited in reception tired and embarrised! Couldnt find it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees / Middlesbrough, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bromsgrove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

As the title says - it certainly was one of the best experiences in any of the Premier Inns up and down the UK, and we use them a lot for both business and pleasure! This occasion was for pleasure, with my partner and 12yr old son. The staff went out of their way to ensure that our stay was up to par and even put our ice blocks in their freezer for us! Genuine smiles and a "happy to please" from each and everyone we had the pleasure to encounter. Breakfast was wholesome, plentiful and perfectly cooked. The whole place was spotless. The fan in the room certainly helped, as it was a very warm night, and a surprisingly nice touch. Thank you to all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We booked this hotel as we were attending a wedding and other guest we knew were staying her. To avoid the difficulty of trying to find some where to get changed close to the wedding venue we decided to book a room with our friends.
On arrival staff were friendly and polite.
We dropped our stuff in the room and went to meet friends.
We ate at the pub and were pleased to find food was served to late which was very helpful.
We ate the platter starter and baked camembert., all food was tasty and cooked well.
We went back to our room to find it over 30 degrees (despite ti being a cool evening) we left the fan on all night but it was worse than useless.
The heat in the room was unbearable, despite having the window open and the fan on it did not cool down at all. There was no way to cool the room down at all.
Getting ready in the morning was impossible, I had to re do my hair as by the time I had done my makeup my hair was soaking wet. Before I had finished my make up the heat was melting the make up off my face.
I ended up with flat hair and having to do my make up in the car. We would have been betting saving our money and stayed at home, stopping off for breakfast on the way and getting ready there.
I mentioned to the receptionist and house keeping staff how unbearable the heat in the room was to be told it is always hot.
The staff were very friendly until I mentioned a problem then they became very distant.
If you don't mind staying up all night in a sauna this si the place for you. If you enjoy a good nights sleep avoid like the plague.

Room Tip: Avoid if you do not like hot rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees / Middlesbrough, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here yet again as we have always had a good experience. This time the accommodation and hotel staff were great, but felt totally let down by the pub/restaurant. We would have been paying for two adult breakfasts and therefore been entitled to two free kids breakfasts. We asked if I could have a kids breakfast and was told no. This was despite explaining to the duty manager that I have recently had stomach surgery and can just about manage a bit of scrambled egg. My daughter even showed a card from the NHS to prove it. We were told that we would have to pay full price or a lower price for continental breakfast, despite the fact that I just wanted some eggs! I was left embarrassed and disappointed at the lack of flexibility. Needless to say, we didn't eat in the pub and probably won't be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lincolnshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

A group of us booked here for the weekend.

We asked for a mixture of twin and double rooms. The twin rooms consisted of a double bed and a sofa bed and one of the rooms had no bedding and only one towel (despite being booked for 2 people). When bedding and towels were requested to make up the sofa bed the woman on the front desk said she couldn't bring it up to the room. The occupants therefore had to go and collect it themselves and make their own bed up.

The receptionist (who was actually really nice) commented that someone else who had booked a twin room earlier in the day had the same issue. If a twin room is booked why can they not ensure that there are two beds and if forced to give a room with a double and a sofa bed at least make the sofa bed up and provide sufficient towels!

We tried to book in at 11pm and had to give every name for the occupants of the rooms -something we have never been asked to do at any other Premier Inns (we stay in a lot up and down the UK) which at 11pm was bit of a chore. I understand that it is due to rules relating to if there's a fire but it shows inconsistency with the Premier Inn chain as others don't enforce this.

The shower in the room is ok but not designed for tall people (you have to limbo to get under it) and if you are short you can't adjust the height to avoid getting your hair wet. Other than that, the bed was comfortable, there's a hair drier, coffee facilities, tv, wash gel.

The stay was ok but the agro with the twin rooms was a pain. If you book one, that's what you expect to receive. Not a double with an unmade sofa bed and insufficient towels. A twin is a twin and what we got wasn't what it said on the tin when we booked it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is right on the main road the pub is really bad with rubbish quality food. whilst you get the normal bits you would expect in a premier inn the bed is one of the worst I've slept in, and I did not get my good night sleep promise!!! - I would not recommend

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees / Middlesbrough, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please could you email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com so we can investigate further. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here with business as other options full. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and to a good standard.

My only issue was that my room smelt of cigarettes, despite being a non-smoking room, which is why I marked the 'rooms' section to average.

The waiting staff at the restaurant for breakfast were so helpful, friendly and welcoming that it made me feel relaxed instantly.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees / Middlesbrough? Share your experiences!