“Excellent stay in a fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   636 Yarm Road, Stockton-on-Tees TS16 ODH, England   |
Hotel deals
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay in a fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

First impressions are excellent and the staff were always polite and efficient to deal with.

I was in a room up the back of the hotel on the first floor and it was extremely well presented, comfortable and fairly quiet.

The spa facilites were a great way to kill a bit of time in the evening with a decent sized gym, small pool and the greatest hydro-pool I think I've ever sat in.

Within walking distance of the main night life down the hill and it cost around £5 to get a taxi back.

Food was also excellent and reasonable priced.

The carpark was also a nice surprise as it is a decent size, making it easy for me to find a space that satisfied even my picky "end space" parking habbits.

I would be happy to stay again!

Room Tip: There is a railway line at the rear of the hotel, I only heard it when a heavy container train was p...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ParkmoreManagement, Owner at BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed for just one night and found the Staff to be very good the evening meal was very good but I found the breakfast was a bit sparse. I left around 9.00am but my wife stayed for spa treatment and said the whole experience was excellent, including the pool. just one small thing the beer in the bar was poor please change the Tetleys bitter.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

We are actually in the process of re-assessing our bar operation, and are considering a number of alternatives, so your comments are a great help - thank you.

We hope to see you back with us again in the near future.
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I recently got married in Parkmoore hotel and stayed the day before and the night of the wedding. The staff are extremely friendly and went out of their way to ensure the day and stay went smoothly. A lot of family members stayed over at the hotel also and not one person could say a bad thing about this hotel or staff. The food was divine the staff were friendly and the rooms are well maintained and comfortable.
My experience was incredible and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wishes to stay over or get married here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkmoreManagement, Owner at BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Congratulations on your marriage. We are so glad that you had such a memorable and happy day to the Hotel. We really appreciate your comments here, and look forward to welcoming you to the Hotel in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Rooms clean and very smart.
Spa facilities very good, with gym, small sauna and steam room.
Restaurant good, evening meals I have had over the numerous stays here have all been fabulous. reasonable selections of wines.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ParkmoreManagement, Owner at BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We hope to see you back in the near future.
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I spent the night here whilst visiting a client in Stockton-on-Tees. I had room service (don't always feel comfortable dining alone in hotel restaurants) and it was prompt and the supplement was only £2.50 which is excellent. The food was really tasty. I booked via Expotel with a £20 dinner limit. My bill was £21 and they waived the extra £1 when I checked out -fab! The wifi was free but didn't quite reach the whole room (the pillow-end of the bed). My room was over the bar and really noisy early on but fine by about 8pm. I could hear a lot of what was happening from the room next door but again, it was quiet before bedtime. I didn't visit the gym as I forgot my trainers but will next time. Overall good but soundproofing should be looked at.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ParkmoreManagement, Owner at BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback, your comments are greatly appreciated. We are working on our refurbishment programme, and taking guest feedback into account where possible, so all comments are noted!

We'll look forward to welcoming you back again.
Newmarket, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had asked for a quiet room and was given a double room off main corridor that was quiet (albeit a little compact) However I had a great nights sleep and the bed and room were very clean and comfortable. I ate in the bar and the food was excellent and very well priced. Staff very friendly and helpful. I didnt use the leisure facilities as I was working however they looked good. Would definately use the hotel again.

Room Tip: 104 for a quiet room, only 2 rooms off main corridor....but quite small!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ParkmoreManagement, Owner at BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again in the future.
Drammen, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is quite old and worn,but the rooms are clean and the food is quite good for a hotel. Sometimes very good.
The gym is also good to be a hotel.
Wifi is very poor,so is the hot water and the size of the rooms.

A lot of noise i the hallways at night. but bed is ok.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ParkmoreManagement, Owner at BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all comments, both positive & negative as it is all used to improve our standards & service.

We are in the process of upgrading our rooms to a more contemporary standard, and have just completed another room this week.

We had a new wifi system installed last year, and we're disappointed you had problems with it. We will be looking into it with our service supplier.

We hope that you will come back to stay with us again in the future.

Been to BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel? Share your experiences!