“Christmas Lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Christmas Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

after experiencing other hotels/restaurants on Christmas Day I must admit my hopes were not that high for this one and to be honest if the meal was as bad as previous ones then I would have chained myself to the kitchen for Christmas 2013, however, the Turkey was moist and the Gravy tasty, the staff were friendly, the vegetables were fresh (following on from Hardwick Hall review who served frozen sprouts ergh) the presentation was excellent. I throughly enjoyed my meal as did my family, there were 5 of us and the age range was from 21 - 72, I will be returning for christmas 2013. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ParkmoreManagement, Owner at BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are so pleased you enjoyed your Christmas Day Lunch with us. We had exceptionally good feedback from everyone on the day, but it's extra nice to see such good written reviews.

We hope that you won't be waiting until Christmas Day 2013 to return, and that we will see you long before then. Please help us by telling all your friends about the excellent experience you had with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed over 1 night on business. The front of house looks OK, but the rooms meander down soulless dated corridors in a maze like fashion to your bed for the night.

The room was OK apart from being able to hear everything from the rooms next door.

WIFI was free.

I didn't dine and skipped breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ParkmoreManagement, Owner at BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

We are going through a refurbishment programme, which has been taking longer than we would like, but unfortunately it is a sign of the times. We have now completed well over 50% of the bedrooms, along with all the public areas & Leisure Club, and have another few rooms scheduled in for being done in January.

In future - when you stay, if you prefer to avoid the rooms as the back, ask for a new room at the front of the Hotel.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Carlton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Before I forget as I am in my twilght years. I must let you know. The atmosphere, room, food & staff were marvelous. one of our BEST years . I did have doubts but I must say The Parkmore exceded all expections. Thank you Becca for all your hard work. But I must say Patricia ensured that "everyone" was looked after in a very professional way and of course never forget the chefs great food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ParkmoreManagement, Owner at BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are pleased that you enjoyed your Lunch, and we hope that we will welcome you back again in the near future.
Yarm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had an excellent lunch at the restaurant with a party of 10 people. Everyone enjoyed their choices and the food was beautifully presented and served by cheerful staff. I would recommend it. The hotel was well decorated for the festive season and lovely and warm in the spacious dining room. We have been there before for our Xmas lunch but this year it seemed better than ever especially the cheerful and helpful staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal so much, and we look forward to seeing you back again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Don't get me wrong, everyone is very polite and lovely, however something let's this property down. The room was nice and clean, amd the property is mocely decorated, however I arrived at 930 pm to find only a room service of cold sandwiches is available,not what you want to hear after a 4 hour train journey. Breakfast service was a bit chaotic, polite but very unorganised, with half my table not cleaned from the previous person and as I got back to my room to get changed, room service came walking on at 745am to clean my room.

I think a good operations manager is required to raise the standards, as everybody wants to do well, they just don't seem to know how.

Room Tip: There is little choice in the area, and whilst this isn't a ad choice, it comes with no frills.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you were disappointed with your stay, but take your comments on board. We do have an excellent Operations Manager who has recently started with us, and she is working on improving standards in all areas of the Hotel.

I hope that when you come back in the future, you will see an improvement. If you are planning on arriving late next time, if you ring ahead, we can see about arranging a hot meal for you. Thanks you again for your constructive comments.
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Nice when you walk in but decor tired all round, I was put in room that took some finding over the air con and what seemed like on the railway, not a good nights sleep. the room was average but over priced, bathroom scruffy ideal location for a short stay. Still waiting for a reply to my complaint to the duty manager. Not value for money if don't use the pool and jim etc otherwise ok

Room Tip: away from the train lines
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ParkmoreManagement, Manager at BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you felt you were not satisfied with your room. Had you made your feelings known to the Reception staff during your stay they would have endeavored to move you to an alternative room. I was under the impression that your complaint was dealt with at check out, but will look into the matter further.
Dorset, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had doubts but they were squashed at check in. Patricia the receptionist was 'everywhere' to help us. Room was clean, very warm & good. Restaurant service - I have seen better but food fantastic. Leisure facilties great (staff sat chatting all the time career habit seen that before). We will be back.

Room Tip: Pay for an upgrade. Take your own towel for leisure club.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ParkmoreManagement, Owner at BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and your feedback is much appreciated. We hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Hotel again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN Parkmore Hotel? Share your experiences!