“Friendly atmosphere and great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Tollgate Hotel & Leisure
Ripon Road, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 3BS, England   |
Ranked #8 of 19 Stoke-on-Trent B&B and Inns
Cheshire
“Friendly atmosphere and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Stayed at the Tollgate Hotel for one night during a trip to Staffordshire with friends. The hotel was conveniently located and provided a great quality room with friendly staff. Food was excellent as were the gym facilities.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lichfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My family and stayed at the Tollgate last weekend as we were visiting Alton Towers. Tollgate was recommended to us by a friend who stays there regularly on business.
On arrival we received a very friendly, warm reception and throughout our brief stay the staff were always very helpful and polite. Apparently this is a family-run business and you can tell because the atmosphere was definitely comfortable and sociable.
Our family room was well-priced and well-equipped and although we did not have an evening meal here the Sunday breakfast was excellent.
We liked the personal touch of the place and would definitely recommend it.

Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Booked a twin room for myself and a friend who were visiting Stoke-on-Trent to attend a wedding. After a long drive up from Truro we were greeted by a friendly receptionist who checked us in. Our twin room was spacious comfortable and clean with an excellent view overlooking the local cricket ground. Had a relaxing and pleasant evening meal in the hotel restaurant before Adrian (the manager) ordered us a taxi to take us to the local casino.

Breakfast was filling and was served by friendly staff. Thank you for making our stay in Stoke a good one. Much appreciated!

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the cricket ground if cricket is your thing.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Mount Tamborine, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Dear Adrian,Lyn,geoff and Gwen,

After staying at The Tollgate Hotel yet again,(this must be nearly20 visits!) can I yet again thank you most sincerely for making my visits to UK, and Staffordshire in particular,an all-round success!

Both yourselves and the wonderful Staff you have there never fail to make me feel that I am the only Guest in- house. How you managed to do that this time, yet again, when you had 3 conferences in house, plus a full Resturant day and night, I really dont know, but thanks for finding me just that one room!!
The welcome starts with Lisa and Sarah on Reception,continues through from Margaret in Housekeeping,from Val and Kayleigh at Breakfast,Lee and Mike who handle every request as if they have only you in mind for the day,Richard who makes sure his cuisine suits your tastebuds, and of course yourselves who never fail to smile that particular "Welcome,what can I do for you".You even book my hire car for me-how good is that?

Travelling from Australia feels a long,long way sometimes, but when I see your gorgeous welcomes, its like meeting family members every time.This is a major factor in my being able to get down to business straight away...I wonder if you realise that?
So THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU!..I wouldnt come to Stoke if I couldn't stay at The Tollgate, and I mean that sincerely.....I'd just wait till you had a spare room!!!

Please give my best wishes to all, and I'll see you in September.

Warmest regards

Judy Gater
Eagle Heights
Queensland
Australia

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed 1 night at the Tollgate for Alton Towers. Child friendly and convenient location - also close to Trentham Gardens and Britannia Stadium. Our room was clean and tidy and we slept well. There are a wide range of facilities including gym, snooker tables, etc. There are 2 bars, one with Sky Sport on request. We didn't try the restaurant as there was a wedding on.

Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights, what a great place ! Free parking outside my room, internet access, meeting rooms, gym, massage, sauna, bar, restaurant and friendly service throughout. This place has everything you need under one roof. Many thanks to Sarah for organising the refeshments for my last minute meeting and special thanks to Adrian for organising the taxi's and day trip - really appreciated and see you soon.

Room Tip: Great Value with so much included and just ask if you want HD Sports Channels in the bar
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Macleay Island, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I could say numerous words to define my visit and stay at the Tollgate, but one word sums it up. EXCELLENT.......

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Tollgate Hotel & Leisure? Share your experiences!