“Bravo Awesome walls!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Awesome Walls Stoke is England's largest dedicated bouldering centre. It comprises over 900 square metres of bouldering made up of walls and features of all angles to keep you happy every visit! There is climbing surface spread over two extensive floors including everything from slabs to the totally insane massive overhanging roof. In addition to this there is also an Awesome training area for you to target and develop specific pulling power. Most of the bouldering walls are 4.5 metres tall, but there are smaller walls especially designed for younger climbers. There is also a cafe with seating on both floors, where you can stop to refuel or just chill out and watch the action, a massive viewing gallery. As with all Awesome Walls Climbing Centres the problems are changed frequently so there is always a new challenge for you to get your teeth into.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Bravo Awesome walls!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

After the disappointment of Kilnworx (just one look made me walk out) I thought i'd give this place a try after being rained off from the peak district.

1st impressions were how friendly and enthusiastic the staff were, then the size of the place took me back, doesnt look that big from the outside. I found the routes to be of top quality, with some amazing moves, yeah some holds were a bit grubby, but you get that at most bouldering centres. I was very impressed when I was struggling on a boulder problem when out of the blue a staff member appeared and gave me a little tip on how to do it, brilliant!

Next time im rained off from the peak district i'll be heading here :)

Visited August 2014

Stafford, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

This is a great place to do something different and take part in an activity that can be as physically demanding as you want it to be. I highly recommended this for friends at all levels of climbing. The staff are friendly and always been happy to help when I've needed them. The climbing facility itself is fab too with the climbing holds being changed regularly.

Visited May 2014

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

3 attraction reviews
“There are better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I am a top rope and lead climber mainly, although I like bouldering. The routes were geared towards great boulders and beginners with nothing in between for the average climber. I would recommend Kilnworx climbing centre for those looking to get in to climbing. If KIlnworx is to far away Audley Climbing centre would be your best bet

Visited July 2014
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Fantastic bouldering venue.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I've been climbing at AW Stoke for about 3 years now and love it so much that I've had an annual pass for most of that time. I introduced my son to climbing there which turned out to be a life changing experience for him (I'm writing this while in Pembrokshire on a climbing holiday with him). The routes are reset regularly and are the most interesting and challenging that I've encountered in a climbing wall. Staff and punters are friendly. I've met new climbing partners at the wall. Despite what a previous reviewer said, the matting is entirely appropriate for the height of the wall. I've twice lobbed from the top and landed flat on my back with no ill effects. As the disclaimer says, climbing is potentially dangerous and no amount of matting will ever eliminate the risk entirely.

Visited July 2014
Grand Cayman
“Great wall for all levels and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Just thought I would write a quick review. I visited this place a few times whilst I was over with my brother and it was a great climbing wall for all levels from beginner to advanced. The staff were really helpful and I would recommend this place to anybody.

give it a go guys its such a cheap and affordable sport and here you can climb all weathers ready for the crags in the summer!

cheers