“First Time” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Indian Restaurant. NOT A CURRY HOUSE.
“First Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I agreed to go to this restaurant with friends but had concerns because of it's 'Food Hygiene' rating of only 2, which is very poor for a restaurant. Also I was a little deterred by the mixed reviews that I had read. I can only say that my fears were allayed with food, ambience and attentive staff being excellent; certainly didn't suffer any after affects due to rating!!

Certainly will go again and give Sanjeevs my recommendations.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I came here for a meal. We only live down the road and have walked past it many times. We have heard good things about it so decided to finally try it for ourselves.

The food was absolutely beautiful. I had a Lamb Rogan Josh with vegetable rice and my wife had Chicken Korma with mushroom rice. We both had a naan each which were massive. And both meals were very reasonably priced.

Service was excellent, friendly and very fast.

Would definitely go again and try the other curries on the menu.

• Visited July 2014
Stoke on Trent
“Sanjeevs really worth trying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I have now been to Sanjeevs 5 times. On the first occasion, after the restaurant's chef had won a prestigious award, a few years ago, the meal was absolutely fabulous, and quite reasonably priced. So impressed, we chose the venue again this time with four friends and the verdict was disappointingly average. We have returned three more times, the most recent being in June, and my faith has been restored in the cuisine offered. It is good to have such a good Indian restaurant in the area: not sure what went wrong on our second visit...

Visited May 2014
Leek, England, United Kingdom
“First time experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I always check the "Scores on the doors" website to check the hygiene rating before any visit to a new restaurant, and I was nearly put off visiting Sanjeevs because their most recent rating was poor. However several friends had recommended that I should try it and see so with some trepidation we did.
Boy this guy can cook! I have never tasted Indian food as good as this. The Lamb Rowgan just melted in you mouth and the Chilli Prawns were simply divine.
The overall ambiance was good and the prices very reasonable compared to other local offerings. We did have to wait longer than I expected but the hostess apologised for this on the way out (we did turn up on spec and they did accommodate us so we were to blame really).
Actually I felt that the overall offering was so good that it was selling itself short, and could be located in some swanky location and be charging much more for the same offering. Thank goodness they aren't.

“Excellence - again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Another visit to this award-winning restaurant. I started with Grilled Lime Pickle Chicken which was boneless chicken marinated with yoghurt, ginger, garlic paste and lime leaf pickle grilled in a tandoori. Excellent - plate cleared. My main course was Walnut Chicken which was chicken morels simmered with sweet chilli, chopped peppers, and aromatic spices, finished with green cardamom and scattered with chopped walnuts. I had this with Lemon Rice with cashew nuts and fenugreek leaves. Truly delicious - plate cleared again. Didn't have room for a pudding but finished off with a cup of Sanjeev's special tea - made especially for me. Excellent service as usual and a very. very good dining experience - no wonder I keep going back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere