“Great food - thoroughly recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great food - thoroughly recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family and I visited the Black Lake Inn and it was excellent. Food was great and would recommend to others. Excellent value.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Staffordshire
“Lovely food and lovely interior”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We visited the black lake inn for the first time last night. My husband had cycled past on numerous occasions and said it looked nice and the food smelt nice! We arrived back from holiday in Spain and had no food in so I rang at 3 pm to try and book in for 6 pm. As I imagined they were busy but they said if we could get there by 5.30 pm they could fit us in. We were really impressed by the choice and prices and the children's menu was very good. Not just chicken nuggets as usual! My son was really pleased he could have chicken tikka and he could have half chips and half rice! We will definitely visit again and would recommend it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stoke on Trent
“Innocuous Exterior Belies A Treat Inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Having driven almost daily past the Black Lake Inn, and often seen it advertised, we decided to finally try it out! Whilst the exterior looks clea, the absence of any changing A-boards or interesting planters, means I'm never sure how busy this location gets or what sort of food it serves. So, presented with an opportunity to eat out without children, we opted to go for tea one Friday night.

The car park was half full, and once inside, there were a number of people already dining and various tables also reserved. However, we were accommodated in an alcove off the entrance, with the staff member joking that this was the exclusive area, because we were alone there at the time! Our orders were taken with humour and we selected items both from the daily specials board and the main menu. There was a good selection to meet most tastes, from traditional pub grub through to more sophisticated dishes, all at reasonable prices.

Our meals were served after a reasonable time, and plates collected, with orders for desserts also taken promptly. We both enjoyed our meals and would return. Upon leaving, the pub had become quite busy, and it was obvious that if you want to eat at peak time, booking is necessary. I'm pleased we finally tried the Black Lake Inn, we will be back!

Visited August 2013
Staffordshire UK
“Great lunch venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Have driven past Black Lake Inn many times but never eaten here before today. Our planned morning walk was cancelled due to torrential rain so we decide to meet our friends half way between our homes for lunch and decided to try the food at Black Lake Inn.
The staff were very welcoming and it was difficult to make a choice from the varied menu and daily specials board. The food was served promptly (my pate starter was gorgeous) and we all agreed each meal was well cooked and delicious. The portion sizes were generous too.
As someone else said you do have to pay for quality but we paid about £15 each for drinks, starter, main course and coffee.
We too will be back soon :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My partner and I tried this place having visited on a previous occasion, that time it was poor. Unfortunately this time it was worse. I opted for the succulent 6oz burger, I later commented to the waiter that I had been misled by its description, he completely agreed but offered no apology or refund. My partner opted for the veggie burger, tasteless. The chips are ok though.
The service seems to be very rushed and chaotic. This place gets busy but I have to question why or if the are repeat customers.

• Visited July 2013