“A very pleasant surprize” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Stoke on Trent
“A very pleasant surprize”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were doing a bit of shopping in Burslem, when we noticed The Duke was doing two course meal for 4.95 so we gave it a try. It was excellent.
We spoke to the Chef and said If the evening meals were as good, book us in for a saturday night.
We took the daughter and son in law with us for the meal. The dining room upstairs was very pleasant, welcoming and cozy. The staff were very good and the food was excellent.
Can I just thank all of them for a really good evening, would recommend this place to anyone.

86% Recommend
Staffs
“GOOD VALUE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

8 of us visited the Duke for an evening meal and we were very impressed. There was a good choice, well cooked and excellent value. Everything was freshly prepared and the mixed grill was awesome. We will definitely be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“20p for a starter!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

No, you don't need a trip to Specsavers. We went here for lunch on a Monday, the main restaurant was closed but no problem, the menu was on offer in the pub itself. There's a limited menu, £4.75 for the main course and a budget busting extra 20p for a starter. I had the melon starter which was nothing to write home about, but if I did choose to write home about it, the postage would have been more expensive than the starter so I can hardly complain can I? Mrs Biografi and Otto Jnr both had prawn cocktail with "decent prawns" (20p remember!)
On to the main event and my £4.75 buys me a very nice steak pie with mashed potato and mushy peas. My dining partners choose the roast turkey and were expecting the usual processed stuff but no! REAL TURKEY, you know, from a real bird, in fact, a real turkey bird, actually cooked in a real oven. Not gourmet food but very acceptable and two courses for less than a fiver? Bargain. Love Otto.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best experience on stoke”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I've been to many carvery house in stoke and today for a change I went to duke William In burslem and I can honestly the food there impelled me to write this review the meat was cooked to perfection the service was outstanding and highly recommend this establishment to all family friends

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Although it is a traditional town centre pub the restaurant is located upstairs and has been refurbished in a tasteful and traditional manner.
We have dined at this restaurant on many occasions with friends or just as a couple and have always received excellent service from all the friendly staff. The food is of an excellent standard and the portions generous, apart from the extensive menu they also have a specials board.
All in all this is a very pleasant restaurant to dine in which offers excellent value for money.

• Visited September 2012