“No sense of hospitality” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 413 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“No sense of hospitality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Went here with my fiancée, and ordered the set meal for 2, a beer and a glass of wine, which was essentially 40% wine, 60% water. Everything was great except for the wine, so no worries - we'll just send the glass of "wine" back and exchange it for another beer.

Waitress says no problem, comes back with a beer to replace the awful wine but says she has to charge us for both the replacement beer AND the glass of wine, even though my fiancée had taken 1 sip of the wine. We said no problem about paying for the beer but refused to pay for the wine, in the same way if you buy a DVD that doesn't work you take it back to the store and get your money back.

Eventually another lady, who presumably is the manager came out, and said she couldn't knock the wine off the bill as she couldn't pour it back in the bottle. The best she could do was knock it to half price?!

We said that either the £4 glass of wine comes off the bill and we pay the £40-£50 the rest of the meal would have cost, or we walk out and they lose the £40-£50 AND what we had eaten already.

Amazingly, she refused and we promptly left, went to another restaurant and spent £40 on a wonderful meal instead, leaving the people at Miso to wonder why they had not been more sensible at their empty restaurant.

We left baffled by their stupidity, stubbornness and lack of any business sense

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Newcastle under Lyme, United Kingdom
“Casual 2 impromptu meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had a great meal here with 2 sushi starters, the crab was fab plus a couple of bento boxes - my mackerel one was particularly good !

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This restaurant is fantastic. The staff are really friendly. And the food is excellent . Reminds me of being in tokyo. If you've not been yet i highly recomend you try for yourselves.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Another bad restaurant in Stoke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I was so hopeful and excited by this opening. I've even been 3 times since it opened hoping they had an off night. It's been consistently poor. Bland tasting food and small portions with a bad atmosphere. Staff seem misrrable too and not that attentive. I could do a better job myself. I am gutted for Stoke because it's the same story at the Thai down the road. I only eat Japanese now when I travel to Birmingham. I hope someone opens a decent restaurant because some of us like good food. It's not fair we have to travel to Manchester or Birmingham. Stoke is being overrun by Indian and Pakistani curry houses and soon there will be nothing else. I am considering putting my beloved property on the market.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
“You would never guess it was in the middle of Stoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I have been given great reviews about Miso from different friends. So I decided to try it out. The staff were very friendly and kept apologising for the food being slow (which it wasn't)! It tasted great and looked appetising. I expected it to be more expensive too, such a reasonable price. The interior is lovely and relaxing. A great place for a social occasion with tasty food and service with a smile. I'll definitely be going back and will reccommend to everybody.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere