“Not quite perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Etruria Hall, Festival Way, Stoke-on-Trent ST1 5BQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

£80 for decent family room and amenities. Incl Breakfast.

Usually in family rooms you'll get a double bed and two sofa or camp beds - but the children had decent bunk beds which is very welcomed. Staff very pleasant in reception and the restaurant - slightly stand offish in the gym.
Pool great for short trip and I enjoyed 10'mins peace in the sauna and steam room.

Will definitely return - we usually stay in the local Premier Inn which is cheaper but this is only £20 more and far more comfortable...

• Stayed February 2014
James M, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Carl D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

It's great to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and the kids enjoyed the bunk beds.
We do have offers on most weekends which can be booked direct and all rates included FREE wifi & FREE use of our Leisure Club which are competitors don't as you mention.

We hope that when next in Stoke we will be your choice of hotel.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Tracy D
My husband booked us in to the moat house stoke for a romantic valentines weekend
we enjoyed a fantastic meal, and even stayed an extra night
The staff are very friendly and helpful and I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
James M, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Tracey D,

Thank you for your 5* review after your stay with us.

It's great to here that you had an enjoyable Valentines Day so much so that you had to stay an extra night. I have shared all your great feedback with the team.

Once again Thank You and we hope to see you again next year if not before.

Southport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Having stayed in a Premier Inn the night previously where the bed was huge I was really disappointed with the size of the bed at this Best Western hotel. The bed at the premier inn was at least a super king size if not bigger. The bed at this Best Western was only a small double. The room size was great & certainly room for a larger bed. Very uncomfortable nights sleep!!
In addition to this there was some type of generator running all night long outside our room.
Apart from this the hotel is nice, the bar staff could have been a little more cheerful though.
Breakfast was lovely although we had to wait to be seated.

Room Tip: Ring reception & book over the phone instead of booking on line as Reception may be able to help...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
James M, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Tracey S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your stay with us.

I am sorry you did not get a great night sleep due to the bed been to small. Are beds are UK standard doubles in size, however we do have a few room with super king size beds and these can be requested at booking stage.

I do hope that the points raised will not deture you from visiting us agin in the near future.

uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stoke Pride held its 2014 Black Tie Ball there .....a very nice evening ....service good and bar prices were not ridiculous ... Food hot and tasty with 3 courses ......overall it was a very nice evening : )

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
James M, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Andrew B,

Many thanks for your review after attending a function at the hotel. This is the 2nd year for the event at the hotel and I am pleased to hear that everything went well.

We hope that we see you again for next years event too!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is a lovely hotel. I booked myself and my husband to stay one night as we were attending a wedding the following day. It was really easy to book over the phone. I was sent a Best Western Reward card in the post. When we arrived our room was immediately upgraded and when I asked if we could check out later it was no problem. All the staff were really helpful. I went for a swim in the pool, sauna and steam the staff in the fitness centre were lovely. I asked if I could have a manicure and this was no problem at short notice. Vicky who did my manicure was wonderful really friendly and my nails looked lovely, I had a great time.

The room was wonderful and clean will definitely recommend this hotel.

Sheila and Hywel Lebbon

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
James M, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Sheila & Hywel,

Many thanks for your 5* review after your stay with us.

It's great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and made full use of all the facilities we have on offer. I have shared all your great feedback with the team.

We hope that we can welcome you back soon!

Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and had a very pleasant few nights. The rooms are very clean, spacious and comfortable. The staff were extremely accommodating (they changed my room so I could stay in the same one throughout even though I had booked them separately).

If I was going to be picky I would say that the gym is really worn out (but the pool and jacuzzi are lovely) and that the spirits in the bar cost more than what I pay in Edinburgh. And finally, as a group of 18 we ordered our food 3 weeks in advance and I am disappointed that it took over two hours to be served the courses.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear VickiMay89,

Many thanks for your review after departing from the hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you had "an enjoyable" stay with us and the team were on hand to assist.
I have shared your comments ref to wait for food with my Head Chef & Restaurant Manager as agreed 2hrs is a long time.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House? Share your experiences!