“Off site stay for Alton towers with stuff for non ride enthusiasts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Etruria Hall, Festival Way, Stoke-on-Trent ST1 5BQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Off site stay for Alton towers with stuff for non ride enthusiasts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed for two nights with friends and teenagers whilst visiting Alton Towers, drive to Alton Towers is a pleasant countryside drive taking abut half an hour from hotel. We booked two rooms and were located together which was great, hotel staff very helpful and welcoming. Arrived on first day in time to enjoy the spa facilities with our girls and then walked out to retail park for shopping and meal. Second day enjoyed breakfast and then drove girls to Alton Towers, we returned to hotel for day of pampering and use of facilities, very relaxing and massage therapist was excellent. We stayed in the summer and whilst here booked return tickets to Alton Towers at half price, if you book tickets for Alton Towers when we were there they were offering tickets to return the next day for £5. I would also recommend that you ring the hotel to see what offers they have on as when we originally booked in the summer we paid full price for one night, on return we got two nights for the same price. They have offers on in school holidays where kids under 10 eat free and also you can upgrade for an evening meal for a discounted price. There is a water park next to hotel called Waterworld which looked great, cinema, 10 pin bowling, dry ski slope, retail park (Boots, Next, Warehouse, Top Shop, Miss Selfridge etc) with places to eat Pizza Hut, McDonald's and Frankie & Benny's all within walking distance.

Room Tip: We stayed in a family room and have stayed on both sides of hotel, no difference,
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here with my family and another during half term trip to Alton Towers. Chosen from website searches and offered a great deal for family room with breakfast. We asked for rooms together and this was accomodated, with us just across the hall from each other. Nice sized room for a hotel, with bunk beds for the kids. Good choice of buffet for breakfast. We also ate there the evening we stayed as it was late. Good deal for adults was available, which we took advantage of and it proved better than expected. Kids also tried out the pool and the attendant there was very helpful. In addition, the bar staff were knowledgable about the local ales on offer and were very friendly, same goes for the restaurant staff. All in all this seems a well managed hotel, with staff clearly having the customer at the forefront of their minds. Based on our experience we would recommend and stay at a Best Western again.

Room Tip: Only reason for average sleep quality is because we are NOT used to sleeping in the same room as our...
Preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for two nights with other members of our family. All the staff were friendly and attentive. The rooms were comfortable, large, clean and very quiet. Breakfasts were busy but well organised. Our elderly mother was always looked after and felt very comfortable.

Alton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My sisters and I stayed her whilst visiting the Potteries Museum. The rooms were a good size and clean. The staff were friendly and breakfast was excellent. We enjoyed using the pool area. The hotel isn't cheap but we felt that it was worth it. There is plenty of parking. The bar area is comfortable. Free WiFi was good but it would be better if one didn't have to use the vouchers.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I checked out of the hotel this morning. i had a business meeting across the street, so checked my bag with reception. I was given a receipt for the bag. Early in the afternoon, I was notified by the hotel that they GAVE MY BAG TO ANOTHER HOTEL GUEST!! By the time they found their mistake my bag had made its way from Stoke to Reading. I was assured that they would pick up my bag and deliver it to the hotel I am staying in tonight, and guaranteed that it would arrive by 10:30 pm. The bag finally did arrive - AFTER MIDNIGHT! It took them from 2 pm when they first notified me of their error till after midnight to deliver me my bag. A mistake like this (and taking so long to rectify the situation) is inexcusable. DO NOT STAY HERE. I would not want this same situation to happen to anyone else!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMstoke, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Hi Orna

Many thanks for the review. As explained it was never our intention to give your bag to the wrong person. One of our regular guests accidentally took the bag, on realising her mistake she contacted us very apologetically informing us she was on the train to Reading. The train was due to get to Reading at 1637.
As soon as we knew your onward movements we organised for someone from our sister hotel in Reading to collect the bag and one of my team drove to Reading to pick it up.
Stoke to Reading and then Reading to Manchester is approximately a 6 hour round trip. We guaranteed the bag would be with you in Manchester in time for your 9am flight, hopefully by 11pm but this was very dependant on Friday night traffic. I understand that the bag was delivered to you at 11.45pm. We did our best to get it to you as early as we possible could.
In my 5 years at the hotel this has never happened before. I have of course launched a full investigation into how this happened and I am sure this will led to a review of our current policy and some corrective training.
Orna I do hope that this will not deter you from staying with us in the future and once again please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and upset this incident caused.

Clare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

A very comfortable hotel with nice rooms and great breakfast. Positioned close to a multi screen cinema, bowling alley, dry ski slope, large swimming complex and much more. Lots of alternative places to eat nearby. Small pool and gym with friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I booked in at the Moat House at extremely late notice after the accommodation I was supposed to be staying in the night before an after my wedding cancelled on me only hours before i was supposed to get married. I was immensely stressed, and the staff were so helpful and friendly. In particular Jasmine in the spa/beauty salon were excellent and made me feel and look fab, ready for the big day! Wouldn't have been the same without their support - they saved the weekend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Moat House? Share your experiences!