“Good and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent

You added Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stanley Matthews Way | Trentham Lakes, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 4EG, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel is nice and clean, rooms convenient, basic but not too small, friendly staff and good service. Simple breakfast is included in the rate.
Unfortunately no internet is included in the room price, you can use WiFi connection in the lobby or pay additionally if you want the connection in your room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Firstly, as a business traveller I never write reviews as I only normally stay in the same 1-2 hotels in the midlands. This time however, I felt that I should register to give my account of the holiday inn express Stoke on trent.

Like I said usually I only stay in the same 1-2 hotels (premier inn's), but, due to a call out I found myself in stoke and decided to try a Holiday Inn express.

My first impressions were great.
Clean, Modern lobby area.
Swift Check in.
Friendly faces always helps.

Got up to my room and it was basic, but, very clean and tidy.
1 downside was the old style tv, but, a tv nontheless.

In my room I used the Wifi to send emails for work, so there is wifi atleast.

Down in the bar It was fairly quiet so I decided to take advantage of the peace and quiet and sit and read a book with a beer.

This is where my stay was ruined...
I ordered my 1st beer charged it to my room and sat down.
So far so good.
As I sat there about to go over to the bar and order my 2nd beer the gentlemen behind the bar seemed to be having issues with gas. So I continued to read and wait until he'd resolved this.
After multiple attempts he seemed to have fixed the issue.
So up I went to order.
Now it seems that at the holiday inn express the reception staff are also the bar staff.
The gentleman who was serving on the bar was now answering the phone.
So I was served by a young lady. Amy
Never in my whole life have I been spoken to in the manner of which this young lady spoke to me
greeted with an abrupt "yes please" now dont think the please was friendly. it wasn't.
I politely asked for a pint of Becks.
"anything else" Again with a tone that made me feel like I was wrong for asking for a beer.
I replied no thank you, can I charge that to my room please?
"That all depends if you're allowed"
This one remark made me feel very upset.
Not only did it insinuate that I was not worthy to charge a drink to my room, but, it also made a few other guests chuckle. to which "Amy" smiled. or atleast it looked like a smile.

needless to say no paying guest should have to go through this experience. Afterall isn't it customer service?

As I sat back down in shock as to what had just happended I observed the two desk staff and I must say they were very different

The gentleman possibly the manager? He had a mustache but I wish I'd of caught his name because he is perfect for customer service. very calm and collected and very friendly.

The young lady seemed to act like answering the phone seemed to be a major inconvenience to her.

Other than the 1 staff member in question it was a very enjoyable stay.
It seems a shame to mark so low on a wonderful hotel, but, for me the fabric of a hotel is its staff. Including its bad ones.

Needless to say this experience has reconfirmed why I choose to stay at the premier inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
DGMSOT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We welcome all feedback as this allows us to develop our hotel and team.

I am pleased to see that there were many things about our hotel that you liked. I am also delighted to add that we will be upgrading our TV’s in the new year.

In reference to your comments about the team members on duty we have taken note of these comments and will use them as a coaching tool to improve this area. I like yourself have a strong belief in great customer service and I apologise on this occasion that we let you down and spoil what was overall a pleasant stay.

If you wish to discuss further please contact me directly on 01782 377000

Regards
Fiona Frawley
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed in the Holiday Inn in stoke last weekend, the hotel was in a great location, we found the room was vey clean, the front of house service very friendly and breakfast was excellent a lot of selection and included in the price of the room which was very reasonable definitely stay there again ..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We only stayed one night so we could go to Alton Towers for the fireworks so arrived very late on the Friday staff brilliant as i had forgot my print off of proof of stay, very reasonable priced at £49 a room with breakfast, great breakfast, room and bathroom were very clean, staff freindly and helpful. A +++ would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
DGMSOT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for your time to have taken to share your comments with us and give us valuable feedback.

Our hotel is a great choice when visiting Alton Towers and I hope you had a great time at the theme park.

It is fantastic to hear you found our hotel staff friendly and helpful as we pride ourselves in delivering the highest levels of customer service.

Our housekeepers take a lot of time and effort in preparing our guestrooms to meet the utmost possible standards. Thank you for your lovely comments, which I will communicate to the Housekeeping Manager.

I hope you will return to us again should your travels bring you to Stoke-on-Trent in the future; we would look forward to welcoming you back here again.

Kelly Graham
Deputy General Manager
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here with my husband and 2 children for 2 nights. We used this hotel as it was a good price on booking.com. We wanted somewhere close to Alton Towers. Was very reasonable price, only 30 minutes away from Alton Towers and included breakfast in the price. Breakfast was very good, a large selection of food, something for everyone.

Staff were good and friendly and did advise us of the busy times for breakfast so we ensured we avoided these particular times.

Room was clean and tidy, shower was nice after a cold day at the park.

Only thing I would have a little moan about was the sofa bed for my children, this was quite old and very uncomfortable. My eldest daughter could not sleep the first night so slept the other end the next night.

I would recommend this hotel and use it again myself.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Joann3b,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

I’m happy to hear that your stay with us has met your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you to Stoke on Trent in the near future.

Kelly Graham
Deputy General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed for one night and was delighted with our room, very clean and cosy. Bathroom was lovely and staff were very friendly.

I would definetly stay here again and would highly recomend it to anyone.

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Clean modern immaculate and warm hotel. Breakfast fine - and good value. Enjoyed a trip to Harvester next door which was simple food well cooked and good value .We were staying with our 8 year old daughter who also enjoyed her stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#1 of 6 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
4.5 of 5 stars 416 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent? Share your experiences!