“Five stars for the building,three for the rest” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
England
“Five stars for the building,three for the rest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

One the near 100 spoons I,ve visited this one is one of the biggest,it has massive downstairs,and then a grand staircase takes you up to an even grander first floor which is my choice when eating there,both floors walls are decorated with pictures and facts of local famous people and it really is a fine building to visit,as in every business there are good and bad staff and its no different here sadly,its seems that the good ones always leave,so you get a level of service that ranges from great to very poor(I use this place regular).I have eaten here on many occasions and have had more good uns than bad uns .On the drinks side it is very reasonably priced in here on many beers ,lagers and traditional ales. If the staff were as fine as the building it would be a 5 star boozer.Merry Xmas.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Awful! Would never return!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Ridiculous wait for food! When it finally came, my chicken bacon and cheese panini came win I chicken. When I returned it, they served the same panini with some chicken shoved in. I opened it and one of the pieces of chicken had a bit of broccoli and cabbage on it! Disgusting right?! It appeared as though it had come straight off someone's plate. When I returned it to the bar asking for a full refund I was informed that 'it was probably because the chicken is stored in the same container as the vegetables!! Cross contamination?! To top it off the mash that came with the baby meal had a brownish tone mmmmm! Looked very un appealing!
They gave us a full refund but I was extremely disappointed and I would never ever return!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Halesowen, England, United Kingdom
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Popped in on a Friday lunch-time (never been in before) and was pretty impressed. Place was bustling with around 90% of the tables taken. There were a wide range of ages enjoying the ambiance and a lot of the folks were taking advantage of the Friday fish 'n chips offer. Our beer and food was of average quality but very good value at just over 16 squid for a mixed grill, Xmas dinner and two pints of Real Ale. Seemed to be enough staff around (unusual for 'Spoons in my experience) and I had no difficulty getting served. Had to wait 15 minutes after ordering the food.

If you prefer your food to be accompanied by a strawberry jus or a cheeky little red wine reduction this is probably not the place for you; but this was one of my better experiences in a 'Spoons and I would certainly go again if I found myself in Hanley.

“First bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I think this was my 148th different Wetherspoons visited and iv been singing their praises from the roof tops for a couple of years now. But todays visit to the Henley one wasn't good. The staff what few there was were excellent but the cold interior (heater not working) was frustrating everybody. My food look like it had been thrown on my plate from a lofty position . My chips were luck warm all 10 of them that is.The manager obviously felt the cold too and was no were to be seen.

I now sign off and like most of the other punters will abandon ship before we also socumbe to the freezing conditions of the Wetherspoons Hanley

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly suprised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

So you know what you get from weatherspoons and unfortunatly thats why its only been given a 3. Food was average and actually below what i expected. However service aws good on a busy saturday and we were warned of delays on food which is good asi would rather know. Drink selection and beer/wine especially are very good and company is really coming on with this..... i just dont expect burnt scampi from a frier. almost there oh and building is great

• Visited November 2013