“Well worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Stafford
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Second visit to Weston Hall, first under new management.

Enjoyed my first experience but pleased to report I enjoyed the second visit more. Llke the change of style and the cellar restaurant.

A pleasant early evening with drinks on the terrace, before an excellent meal in the cellar. Good quality food, good portions, good service.

Only mistake we made was to leave the restaurant to return to the terrace for dessert course and coffee. Pleasant summer evening but midges looking for a meal.

Excellent meal, good company, pleasant surroundings, great service.

Will be back to try one of the luxury rooms at the earliest opportunity.

Well worth a visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Martin_Hirst_VD, Venue Director at Weston Hall, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hello David T. Thank you for visiting Weston Hall for the second time and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed this visit even more than the first. It really means a lot to us. We hope you can return very soon!

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lymington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The service and quality at Weston Hall is superb. The team are all enthusiastic, friendly and very attentive.

We stayed for two nights in one of the eight rooms and it was fabulous. Having returned home today we have already booked again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Gordonfarr. Thank you for visiting Weston Hall and leaving us such a wonderful review. We are over the moon that you enjoyed your time here. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hall very soon.
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Having been to weston hall for evening meal quite a few times I was very disappointed with my first course I had the tart which came as a salad I thought it would have come cooked with cheese melted on top very disappointed, the staff were not very friendly , and just seemed they wanted to get you in then out asp not good. Might try most house next time.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Leicestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

As a change from visiting a National Trust property, my wife suggested Weston Hall, Staffordshire. This was a good decision on her part as it was immediately apparent that it is not just an old folk's venue. ( We're pensioners.) The house was well worth the visit;the guides being interesting, enthusiastic and happy to talk in general as well as specific terms. The grounds were enormous, accessible and suitable for family fun and quiet walks without anyone getting in the way of other people's pleasure. The catering is excellent, striking a good balance between cost and quality and I must mention The Granary building which houses an art gallery, restaurant and cafe/ deli. The scones are wonderful.... freshly baked on the premises. We will visit again despite being NT members. Those who say its expensive need to get into the Real World. This is not an expensive day out.

• Stayed July 2013
Martin_Hirst_VD, Venue Director at Weston Hall, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hello Advisor7647. Thank you for visiting Weston Hall and leaving us such a wonderful review. We really do appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hall sometime soon.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Booked the hotel as a last miniute stay for a visit to Alton towers, WOW glad I did
I normally stay in large hotels where you can remain anonymous throughout your stay, and nobody bothers you, never tried a small boutique hotel before, big mistake if this hotel is anything to go by.
Great food,great staff, and brilliant room (Weston room) I could not recommend this hotel higher, throughout my travels abroad, some of the large chains try to give good service, but are always let down by the staff, not this one. It ticks all the boxes for me. I'm always a bit nervous of recommending a hotel (as there is always someone waiting to pan it) but if you find fault then you looking for faults, sure it has some niggly little things but overall it's a excellent clean and well run establishment. Where you are made to feel welcome and treated like a member of the family.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello Mike C- Edinburgh. Thank you for choosing to visit Weston Hall and take time out to leave us such a great review. It means a lot to us. Next time you are in the area it would be lovely to see you again so make sure you do visit us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We saw an advert in the Sentinel about the new, outside area and visited last Saturday as it would be a shame to be inside in such lovely weather. We enjoy the venue in winter with the open fire but tend not to visit as much in the summer.
The garden is a lovely addition and we enjoyed our lunch so much that we returned on Friday!
The menu is varied and interesting and also good value. The staff are pleasant and attentive. I could not make a negative comment about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello Croations. Thank you for visiting Weston Hall, especially on such a glorious day and thank you for leaving us a lovely review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time here and we hope you can visit again some time soon.
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We are well overdue writing this review... Today it is 3 months since we were married at Weston Hall on 13th April 2013.
This review is just a snapshot of our day, which we remember with the fondest of memories....

Before the wedding: Hannah & Martin were so attentive to what we wanted and our particular ideas to make the day special and individual to us.
Abbie looked after us just before and for the bridezillas out there! I was able to dress the tables exactly how I wanted them - every guest was sat exactly where I wanted them! My favours and table decorations were exactly as I had planned...

Housekeeping: Tanya was so lovely and looked after every detail: travel cot for my niece, turnaround of rooms so the day flowed perfectly, and frankly just genuinely lovely!

On the day: Chris looked after the co-ordination of the day calmly and enthusiastically...

Ceremony: so special...much of that was down to us and our guests, but the setting was beautiful.

Reception: food was of an exceptional quality and we had comments from our guests that they had never had such good food at a wedding. I noticed in particular how the service happened so professionally: every guest was served within a minute of each other (nothing worse than the bride and groom have finished their meal whilst the last tables are still being served! - this does not happen at Weston Hall!)

Evening reception: we had I think about 110 (including the day guests) and I would say this would be around the maximum I'd recommend - I think WH will allow more, but we had a very full room (but then maybe that was our guests not moving from the bar!!)
Again: evening buffet food was complimented on (I never saw it myself, but hey being the bride is a busy job!)

In summary,
We were delighted with Weston Hall and now, would we have chosen a different wedding venue: absolutely not!
Did everything go to plan: no it didn't - and I think that all brides and grooms need to accept that there will be things that don't go to plan, even the most perfect wedding venue will have things that are unexpected...
Were there things that we knew were not perfect: yes. Sadly there are only 8 bedrooms (including the bridal suite) and there are 4 floors to negotiate -from the cellar bar to the bedrooms which makes it a challenge for frail/elderly guests...
But most of all, the customer service was excellent... We work in public service too and wish we could bottle the enthusiasm and attitude of the staff at Weston Hall -fantastic!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello StrawbUK. It was an absolute delight to be a part of your magical day, we had a lot of fun organising it all with you and the big day is still one of our fondest memories also. It really means a lot to us that you have took time out to leave us such a fantastic review about your Wedding experience at Weston Hall. We hope that you and your husband can come back to visit us soon, it would be an absolute pleasure to see you again!

Been to Weston Hall? Share your experiences!