I stayed here for 2 nights on Business - Arrived Sunday mid-evening and would have liked something light to eat - but most everything on the 'snacks' menu was 'off' leaving not much better than a baked potato (choice of beans or cheese topping only) available - Not very nice nor really worth it with a price tag of over £6 !! The room was fairly spacious and it was clean although I was surprised to find there was graffiti on the wall in the bathroom ! There was no complimentary soap/shampoo and no iron in the room. The TV was a somehow very low-resolution and the remote didn't work.
Still on the food theme - Breakfast was particularly disappointing - On offer was tinned grapefruit or tinned mandarin segments, coffee from a vending machine, packet cereals, DIY toast, and some stale looking croissants/cakes. The cooked option was unappetising, anemic looking sausages, scambled egg and beans only - all served in warming dishes reminiscent of a school kitchen (no bacon or other choice)
The staff were pleasant enough and no complaints about their service (car parking was recorded at check-in) but the place seems to be operating very much 'down to a price' rather than 'up to a standard' - Unless/Until Holiday Inn improves quality I will be choosing Premier Inn for budget/business accommodation near Stafford in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Junction 13 and enjoy the relaxed surroundings of this Staffordshire hotel. Stay Connected with Stafford Train Station only 10 minutes from the hotel; there is also local and regular public transport links to Stafford town. The Holiday Inn Express Stafford is only two minutes from the M6 motorway to get to Stoke – on – Trent, Wolverhampton, and Birmingham, including the airport. Stay Local with the Mandarin Chinese Restaurant, and the Catch Corner public house located opposite the hotel. There a superb array of restaurants and bars located within Stafford and the surrounding areas. Stay Devoted with weddings and special events at Rodbaston Hall; ideally located 10 minutes from our Staffordshire hotel. The Moat House wedding venue is also located within 15 minutes drive from the Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Junction 13. Stay Together with the County Show Ground in Stafford home of many speciality events from Dog shows, to Bike Shows and trade exhibitions, we even allow small pets to stay with you. The Show Ground is located not far from the hotel. Stay Thrilled with one of our many packages offering tickets to Alton Towers Resort. The home of the Ice age 4D and Nemesis ride. This is great for all ages of children and adults rediscover your inner child. The hotel is also located near to Stafford Castle, Cannock Chase, The Royal Air Force Museum at Cosford and Telford Town Park. Not forgetting a trip in to Stoke – on – Trent for all your shopping needs. Stay Relaxed in our lounge bar with a selection of beverages available all day including a selection of freshly brewed coffee, wireless Internet is also available. All of this and a friendly welcome will be waiting for you at the Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Junction 13. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Stafford m6 Jct. 13 Hotel Stafford
- Stafford Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Stafford
- Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13 Staffordshire