“Bad Service” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
burtnwood
“Bad Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My partner and I had booked a table for 8.15pm one friday night. We turned up at 8.10pm and was told that our table was just being re-set, would we mind waiting in the bar. We did wait in the bar but when it got to 8.40pm I walked into the eating area to ask what was happening and the staff looked at me shocked and said well your table is here ready and has been for 20mins!!!! How was i to know being sat in the bar, they should come and get me. By this time i was ready to blow my top, having being askedd rudely by the staff if i was now ready to be seated, i told them to stuff their table and exit the building. Never have i ever had to wait more than 30mins after the booking time for a table in any restaurant before. I shall make sure that i will never repay a visit to this place again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Burton-on-Trent
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We chose this pub from the internet as a country pub to visit on a sunny day. We arrived about 5.00pm and chose to dine in the restaurant area, which was very quiet. The staff were efficient and very attentive. They brought a high chair for our child and I was pleased to find an excellent changing area in the ladies toilet. We ordered steak and one of our party particularly fancied a steak rossini, which was not showing on the menu. However the waiter stated that although not on the menu any longer, the chef would prepare the dish for her. The steaks were fantastic, cooked to perfection as per individual requirements. Unlike the previous review (ZT123), the staff were brilliant, regularly checking if we needed more drinks and bringing extra sauces when requested.
I cannot recommend the food more highly, value for money is excellent and I am looking forward to returning to this hidden gem in the near future to try more dishes form the menu.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Walsall
“Save your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Went here yesterday evening. Terrible service (we had to fetch our own menus and waited an hour for any food to materialise), food well below standard and clearly microwaved to within an inch of its life just before being served; dirty toilets with toilet rolls dumped on top of sanitary bins. A real disappointment as we had friends from out of town with us. Embarrassed to have taken them there. A lame apology was offered for the wait but no discount on the bill was offered. Avoid at all costs!

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Now that's what I call food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stumbled upon this lovely country pub (Creswell Green, nr. Lichfield) by accident as the start and finish point of a country walk. My wife persuaded me to eat in the posh part and what a great decision. My steak and ale pie was to die for, tender and delicious and a very generous portion to boot. The sea bass, chosen by my beloved was also a major hit, so much so, I asked to speak to the chef (Phil) to congratulate him. All the staff we met were friendly and helpful and we will definitely be going back soon. There is also a smart but cosy bar as well as a lovely garden with plenty of seating and space for the children to run around.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ham, United Kingdom
“Relaxing, happy and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Whether you're there as a family or for a romantic date, this place is great.
Today I was there at lunchtime with my sister and family and it was ideal. The home made cod goujons with chunky chips are great (and not hugely over facing). Excellent fish and simply presented. Smoked salmon and crab fish cakes was another choice. Also very much appreciated.
We were next to a group of families with young children. They spent quite a time in the playground and came back to eat. A lovely atmosphere.

In the past I've visited on a freezing snowy evening when it was cosy. I've been there on a Saturday night when the meal was something a bit special.

This interestingly modernised country pub is tasteful, comfy and very god value.