“Tres Bon!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 120 Restaurants in Lichfield
Cuisines: Creperie
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Delicious fresh Crepes and Galettes prepared by our award winning and fully qualified team. "Good Morning" Crepes, freshly made Soups, Daytime set meals, Evening set meals, French pastries, teas, coffees and much more. We cater for vegetarians, and offer gluten free and dairy free choices. The Pear Tree Creperie is available for evening hire with Bespoke dining with advanced notice of your requirements. We are fully licensed to serve alcoholic beverages, we also offer wheelchair and pushchair access. During very busy periods a call back service is available via your mobile so you can carry on shopping in the many boutique shops and outlets around the Shopping Village until a table becomes available.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Tres Bon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My partner and I went to the Pear tree on a groupon deal and enjoyed our two corses with coffee.

Theres a failry limited menu (you'd expect that in a creperie) but there is a nice choice of savoury and desert crepes and galettes all freshly cooked (not sure about the sauces - the chiken tikka tasted a bit 'out of a jar') with friendly helpful service. The surroundings are rustic french with appropriate french music - lovely!

A couple of minor areas where there is room for improvement. The main course galettes come on their own with no garnish, so what you get is a white plate with a dark brown triangle on it - a little salad garnish would add colour, texture and contrast. You can buy extra salad but to be honest, I though this was over priced.as you seem to only be able to buy a mixed salad for four priced at £6 - not much goodif you're on you own or theres just 2 of you. individual salads are priced at £1.50 but this is small - about a a couple ot tablespoons worth drizzled with vinigraette - the salad is not mixed - lettuce, tomato, red onion or grated carrot are all seperately priced at. £1.50 - for less than a saucerful is a bit much - I think I'd be happy to pay £2 for a side plate of mixed salad for one - I don't think that's unreasonable

There was a fairly lengthy delay between our main course and desert - it wasn't exceptionally busy and although the crepes etc are made fresh - I think we waited for well over half an hour.

The coffee was very nice -hot and strong!

Over all The Pear tree is a nice place to visit, nice food - if a little bit on the pricey side but with a nice enviroment and good frendly service - a little bit of garnish on the plate, a bit quicker on the service and a better arrangement regarding salads and I'd have happily given a 5star - excellent rating. On the whole - tres bon!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tamworth, England, United Kingdom
“Brick wall service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I visited today with my partner and mother after the restaurant had a cancellation. Great we thought after previous attempts to book a table weren't successful.
We was greeted by a lovely waitress who showed us to our table, drinks were ordered and we settled down to choose our meal.
They offer a set three course menu which we decided to have but asked if we could upgrade the crepe to our favourite profiterole. The waitress willing went to ask her manager who point blank said "no" even though we were willing to pay.
We then asked if we could order off the two course day menu, waitress willing agreed and our order taken. Within 60 seconds a very rude and abrupt second waitress came and said we couldn't do that, when asked why ? We was met with a point blank NO managers says so and the kitchen is busy hey wold get confused BUT we could order it separately and pay £4 more.
When asked what the difference was, surprising got a brick wall answer of £4!!!!
I found the whole experience frustrating and the pure and simple flexibility of what once was a great restaurant. The whole atmosphere and vibe has changed and I would seriously reconsider visiting here again.
Saying all that the food was brilliant, so compliments to the kitchen.
Just improve the front of house it doesn't cost anything to smile and customer service goes along way. First impressions count !!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Quaint but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had lunch here with a friend and our little ones. Staff didn't seem to taken by us arriving with the children sadly and little effort was made to help make room around our table for strollers, highchairs, etc despite the restaurant being quiet. It is a very 'cosy' restaurant, you sit a little too close to neighbouring diners. Food was served promptly and well presented but certainly overpriced for pancakes...

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheila L, Owner at The Pear Tree Creperie, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments, and I am sorry to hear that you did not find your arrival very well received, which is unusual as the staff do like small children coming to the restaurant, and we do provide high chairs for the very young, but as you know there is not a lot of space to leave push chairs and buggies by the tables, which is why we tend to put them to the top end of the restaurant until the diners have finished their meal. However I am glad that you found the food was well presented and I would refer back to previous comments that I do believe we offer good value for money on our entire menu.
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Nice, but expensive.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I was taken here as a surprise for Fathers Day (had to bring my wallet though, young kids).
As regular France visitors I knew what to expect. Galettes were lovely as were the sweet pancakes. What wasn't lovely was the price. 4 Galettes, 2 sweet pancakes & 6 cans of fizzy came to, hope your sitting down, just shy of £50. The same in rural or small town France? Probably around the €20 mark.
The staff are nice as is the location. Just make sure you know its expensive! Bon chance!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your meal on your recent visit, and glad that you found the galettes and crepes to your liking. However, I do believe that we offer value for money on our menu compared to many other restaurants which could cost that for just two people. Our prices have only been increased once in over six years.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Restaurant more suitable for a lunchtime”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We visited on a Groupon deal . On first impression on walking through the door was a lovely busy atmosphere downstairs. We were shown upstairs to a table for two . There was no atmosphere at all upstairs . We had two courses and we did wait a really long time between the courses . I had the salmon and cream cheese galette . You could not taste the cream cheese at all. We had crepe flambe for desert. The liquor used for my husbands flambé did not light so the waitress took the liquor away to reheat. Leaving my husbands crepe on the table . By the time she returned the Crepe was really cold especially as it had ice cream in the middle.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit, and I am sorry that you found no atmosphere in the upstairs restaurant. Regarding the meal itself I wish you had brought it to my attention at the time and I could have made amends.