“Best Pie ever” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Lytham St Annes
“Best Pie ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Fabulous visit to this Pub. I recommend the Beef & Guinness Pie. Real pastry !!
Best ever. Party of 8 and well looked after by the staff. Lovely location.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Walsall
“Unbelievable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I am a great fan of The Malt Shovel, the place, the food, the friendliness of everyone there, and I simply don't believe one or two of these reviews, which must surely have been posted by or on behalf of competitors out to discredit the restaurant and gain some advantage from that. I think the large percentage of very positive reviews tends to suggest that I'm right.
The restaurant is very popular, which again tends to prove my point, so can be rather busy and, as everything is cooked fresh in the kitchen, there can be a short wait between courses, but I think it's no bad thing anyway to let your food go down before the next course. I know I certainly need that, and it's nice that you are not rushed to finish your meal and vacate your table.
I have eaten many times at The Malt Shovel over quite a number of years, and have never had a poor meal at any time. Most recently I went there with my wife, brother, and sister in law for a lunch-time meal - very unusual for me as I don't often eat much at lunchtimes - but the quality and service were great. All four of us made different food choices, and we all agreed that it was all absolutely excellent.
I have just called Jane and made a booking for us to take a friend there on Monday evening, and I am looking forward to it immensely, with no concern whatsoever about disappointment.
I recommend anyone to try The Malt Shovel and I'd be amazed if they'fail to enjoy the food there, but it can be very busy so I always call to book. So if you can, make that call a few days ahead, especially for Fridays and Saturdays.
Finally, I'd just like to add that I am a totally independent customer of The Malt Shovel, with no axe to grind nor any reason to show favour, which I honestly don't think is true of one or two of your "reviewers".

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
evo11, Manager at Malt Shovel Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you very much for your very truthful review as i too had my reservations about the last reviews as to comment on 6 restaurants all on the same day sent warning signs. Looking forward to seeing you very soon.
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Possibly a victim of its own success. The food was average, the service was poor and value for money was poor. Seems to be a place for the 2 bit millionaires to show their faces. Why anyone would visit here when the trooper is only down the road astounds me.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
evo11, Manager at Malt Shovel Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Victim of its own success, SUCCESS being the ultimate word, I find your review totally untruthful and reviewing 6 restaurants on the same day just goes to prove it. You are abviously a competitor with no competition to us. To describe our clientele as too bit millionaires is merely offensive and incorrect and obviously a sign of complete jealousy, my customers are all different genre and i value them all equally. Look forward in not seeing you again.
Lichfield
“Yum yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Took out the family for Sunday lunch and can't fault anything at all! My Stella was full of bubbles, my roast beef dinner was fantastic and the staff are soooooo friendly. It's the best pub in burntwood by far (thank you)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

First time back at the Malt Shovel since the fire but still as good as ever great service and good relaxed service and chips to die for
Dave