“Good value for your money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Lichfield

You added Holiday Inn Express Lichfield to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Lichfield
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wall Island Birmingham Road | Shenstone, Lichfield WS14 0QP, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lichfield
Hergenrath, Belgium
“Good value for your money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Easy to find and on arrival pleasantly greeted by the reception staff. Check-in was very easy and quick as paper work was already prepared. Room ample size and clean and tidy. Eating possibilities just opposite the hotel. Bed and pillows comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was good. Free parking and free internet at this hotel - a big plus.
Will return in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sarcelles, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Good points: Not noisy, free parking, breakfast is good, room is very clean, and the staff is quite kind!

Bad points: Looks like an hospital (like a lot of chains..), and the bed is quite small. The location is bad if you don't have a car

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lichfield, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Antonio P,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the feedback you have provided which will help us as we continually enhance the product and service experience.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Royston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Located next to a major roundabout on the A5 you'd have thought the building would have been built to a standard where noise suppression was included in the design.

After a sleepless night caused by noise from roadworks on the road about which finally ended at 0430. The road noise then from the increased traffic increased

If you are going to stay here. Ask for a room with as low a room ne'er as possible to be as far fr the roundabout as possible. And an odd room number to be on the shielded side of the hotel

As it stands. A typical HIE

Bed comfort not brilliant
Room amenities basic
Cleanliness ok.
Bathroom. Needs a deep clean. Black mould in corners of shower
Wifi ok
Noise suppression of room door. Poor
Sleep gained. Very little

"Free" breakfast. Basic . Most tasteless sausages ever. And awful coffee. But you won't starve

Wouldn't stay here again even if you paid me

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AlexPrice1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lichfield, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear docbob2596

I am sorry that your stay was impacted as a result of the roadworks taking place on the A5. I can advise that as the roadworks move on to the next phase shortly which should minimise disruption to our customers.

As I am sure you can appreciate the roadworks are outside of the control of the hotel but we have been working hard to minimise disruptuion to our customers. Ear plugs are avaliable on request from the reception desk although I would always suggest leting a member of my team know if we can help further during your stay. They are happy to help.

As part of our ongoing improvement plan we are hoping to replace all beds in the hotel in July, I have also asked for our housekeeper to report back on your comments regarding the bathroom.

I trust my swift response serves to demonstrate our absolute commitment to guest satisfaction and hope that you will reconsider your decision to stay with us again in the future.

Stroud, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

good basic clean room - breakfast very basic but edible and staff helpful when I had to change room on arrival due to traffic noise.
we went for a family occasion and were all able to gather in the resaturant/bar

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Terry.

Thanks for leaving a review.

I am glad to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and I am particularly pleased that the team resolved your problem quickly and to your satisfaction.

We look foward to seeing you again soon.

Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

The Holiday inn was very good value indeed. I'd like to have had a slightly larger bed and the breakfast was minimal but for the price and service it was excellent.

The staff were superb and I want to mention Sarah from reception who went the extra mile when I. Discovered a day later I had left a valuable ring there.

It was returned to me promptly with information by phone about its posting and tracking.
I'm pleasantly impressed by their customer service,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Baggies_fan

Thank you for leaving a review on Tripadvisor.

I am particularly pleased that Sarahs efforts in returning your lost item contributed to your stay being a great experience.

I have already made Sarah aware of your review and also thank you for e-mailing us directly to thank us.

We look foward to seeing you on your next visit.

Cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Incredible value for money, free Wi-Fi, charming and efficient staff, spotlessly clean room of quite generous proportions, v comfortable bed, quiet location, perfectly adequate breakfast, a little out in the country but convenient enough for Lichfield - all in all perfect in every way.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
AlexPrice1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lichfield, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Alwyn

Thanks for leaving such a lovely and positive review of your stay with us here in Lichfield.

We take great pride in offering our customers a great experience and always value learning of customers that have had an enjoyable stay.

I can assure you that your comments will be shared with the hotel team during our daily meetings.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Following my recent stay here I was very impressed! I was greeted on reception by a welcoming and friendly staff memeber who checked me in promtly with no delay, my room was clean and the bed was comfy. I enjoyed a drink from the bar, the bar area was clean, warm and had a friendly atmosphere! In the morning I went down for my FREE breakfast, it wasnt the best of breakfasts however being a limited service hotel I wasnt exactly expecting breakfast at tiffanys! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in the area and want a comfortable and relaxed stay, however if your wanting a service which wait on you hand and foot go to the ritz!

Room Tip: 323 is the room to be!