“Very comfy beds” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Lichfield

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Lichfield to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Lichfield
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wall Island Birmingham Road | Shenstone, Lichfield WS14 0QP, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Lichfield
London
“Very comfy beds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed over the weekend to visit the Arboretum, which is not far.

I was very pleased with the service from the friendly staff, our room was clean. The bed was very comfy. We were welcomed in our room by an enormous spider on the wall, we liberated him out of the window. The addition of a sofa nice to use whilst watching TV, the full length mirror was in a good positions. I liked the idea of the bathroom door closing onto the loo if you are sharing and someone who is desperate to clean their teeth or wash hands, not sure if they wanted to shower as the glass between the loo and shower although frosted not ideal.

The breakfast is very good, I enjoyed to fresh fruit and croissants, my husband took full advantage of the sausages, scramble eggs and beans. I used the milk from the cereal area to added to my coffee as the machine made it quiet strong. The yoghurt are poor quality, leaving an after taste. As it is included in the price it is very good value.

The whole experience has made to look at other Holiday Inns near where I would like to visit next time. Sorry travel lodge, Holiday inn has my vote from now on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CarlaBarratt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lichfield, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield.

It is a delight to read your comments about the hotel, and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. (Despite the spider imposing on your stay!)

I have taken on board your feedback about the yoghurts and will pass this feedback on to our suppliers. We value this feedback as we want to offer the best breakfast to our guests. Overall I am glad to see that you enjoyed the complimentary Express Start breakfast that we offer to all of our guests.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future!

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The welcome for seven cyclists was exemplary and unexpected “We have arranged for your bikes to be stored in the meeting room overnight. Come right in and we will sort them out imminently”. Rooms were clean and had almost everything needed – the soap dispenser ran out in one. The breakfast is certainly more than “continental” with sausages, beans and scrambled egg on offer in addition to cereal, croissants, and the usual. Over-deliverying on breakfast is a good way of sending guests off with a nice warm feeling about the hotel – it certainly succeeded.
Unfortunately hotels have difficulty managing other guests and it is not a good idea for guests to return, apparently the worse for wear, at two in the morning loudly proclaiming “We’re in (expletive) room 111, where is (expletive) room 111?”. This could invite targeted retaliation from others less tolerant than I in the early hours.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
CarlaBarratt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lichfield, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield, it is a pleasure to read that you had such a good stay with us.

Please accept my apologies for the noise caused by other guests. I understand it may not always be convenient, but please give reception a call if such instances occur again and we can arrange for a member of staff to reduce this noise for you.

We hope that should your travels (on your bikes), bring you back to Lichfield, that you will choose to stay with us again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights, from Saturday to Monday. Arrived around 4pm and check in only took 15 seconds thanks to Priority club card! Room (double bed with sofabed) was clean and felt fresh.
Needed some sellotape to wrap some presents and reception kindly provided some!!! We had forgotten to buy it from the town (Lichfield centre is 2-3 miles away!)
Breakfast was free and very good - very busy on Sunday morning, less busy on Monday morning. Croissant, pain au chocolat, scrambled eggs, sausage and baked beans with a selection of cereals, fruits and long-life yoghurts.
We left the room after 2pm on Sunday so cleaner didn't refresh room and left a plastic bag including towels, toilet paper, tea etc outside door, which was fine by us.
Virgin active gym is next door - great if you are a member at another club and want to use their facilities. 24h Macdonalds drive-through is also next door... handy for late night food!
Internet is not free of charge - £7/day.
Room cost £53 (non refundable, booked less than a week before stay), which was very reasonable given the above.
All in all, a reasonably priced basic clean hotel that does the job with very friendly reception staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CarlaBarratt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lichfield, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield.

We appreciate such a detailed review as this gives future guests a great idea of what to expect when they are deciding which hotels to book. I am pleased to see that you had such an enjoyable stay at the hotel and I hope that should your travels bring you back to Lichfield, that you would come and stay with us again.

Remember to book direct at least 21 days in advance for the best available rates!

uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We spent a night in this hotel having to be in the area for a funeral. We were hoping for a double, but there were only twins left. I had misunderstood the website I booked with as I was certain we would get a double room. As it turned out, this was fine.

The room was very clean and modern. The beds were very comfortable and we both had an excellent night's sleep. Breakfast was basic, but adequate.

The staff manager was very friendly and welcoming. I would definitely stop there again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you would return to us again.

Do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly for your next reservation and we can reserve you your preferred room type.

We hope to see you again soon!!

northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Good hotel, friendly staff.

No restaurant on site but they were happy to provide local take away menus and these could even be charged to the room.

Room fine, standard HIE and the same goes for breakfast.

Not much to do in the direct area and would have been quiet a walk into town if you wanted to have a drink.

Otherwise all good and good rates as well on the night I stayed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CarlaBarratt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lichfield, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of you recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield.

It is a pleasure to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the hotel to be good and friendly.

I noted your comment about there being no actual restaurant within the hotel and that at the moment is true, however by November we will be introducing a limited menu into the hotel that I hope you will come back and try.

Again, thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stopped there for one night. Reception was extremely helpful, rooms very clean and modern, obviously not long decorated. Lovely and quiet, we didn't have any noise disturbing us in the night. The breakfast was good for what we paid. We will probably stop there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield.

It is a delight to see that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and scored us so high!

I hope that you come back and visit us again very soon. Please remember to book at least 21 days in advance to get the Best Rates!

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've just arrived back from my forth stay at the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield whilst working in the area. I found the place very average, as with most Holiday Inns. The rooms were clean but basic, no air-con, very poor in-room coffee (reminiscent of some Lidl own brand), small televisions and tired shower rooms. I found the windows failed to fully close in a couple of the rooms Ieading to some drafts and road traffic noise through the night. The housekeeping wouldn't cease bothering me in the morning regardless of whether the door was locked from the inside (a sure sign that I am still in and not checked out) so remember to put out the 'do not disturb' hanger if you don't want waking up and pestering well before check out time. The breakfast, although complimentary, I found very basic and worth avoiding. I think it does its job as a cheap hotel in a good location for road links around the Midlands but I should not hurry back for anything but a quick business stop off should I be in the area again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield.

I have taken note of your feedback and passed onto the relevant departments. We appreciate all feedback as this helps us to review and improve our standards where needed.

The hotel does offer a complimentary Express Start Breakfast which includes a selection of pastries, fruits, cereals and yoghurts. We also offer Sausages, Baked Beans and scrambled eggs which are a great start to the cold mornings.

We hope that should your travels bring you back to Lichfield in the near future that you choose to come and stay with us again. Remember to book direct for the Best Available Rates!

Carla Barratt

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lichfield? Share your experiences!