I was invited for afternoon tea by my friend as a birthday gift . On arrival at the hotel a member of staff came out to greet us and immediately wished me a happy birthday. Before going through to the restaurant we were served a glass glass of champagne in the lounge area . The hotel is a traditional old English Manor House . The decor and furnishings are absolutely beautiful highlighting the era of the hotel with a contemporary twist . We also enjoyed the classical music playing in the background .
Afternoon tea was delightful presented on a traditional three tier cake stand and served on delicate China crockery . A nice selection of finger sandwiches including smoked salmon and of course cucumber are included. The scones were homemade and excellent we also had pastries and cakes which again were homemade . There is also an extensive menu of "tea" to choose from .
Overall a truly pleasant experience with the staff adding the ambiance of the hotel .
We were shown around the hotel and it is gorgeous I will definitely visit again and highly reccomend Netherstowe Hotel to everyone .
- Also Known As:
- Netherstowe House Hotel Lichfield
- Netherstowe House Hotel Lichfield, Staffordshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in its own quiet grounds, Netherstowe House is a Grade II Listed Boutique Hotel. Our estate, which comprises a Country House, Fine Dining Restaurant, Contemporary Serviced Apartments and ample private car parking, achieves a rare combination of character, delicious food and friendly professional staff with an unswerving commitment to customer care. Originally built in 1180, Netherstowe House is a retreat like none other. History is present in every aspect of your stay, hand in hand with 21st century standards of service and facilities. The secluded property has delightful grounds with established trees, shrubs and a peaceful walled garden, ideal for aperitifs or al fresco relaxation. Guests can also enjoy complimentary WiFi and the private gymnasium during their stay as well as many stylishly decorated public rooms including the tranquil lounge with comfy sofas, open fire and daily newspapers, cheese and wine cellar, private dining room or bar which plays host to an extensive wine menu, classic cocktail list and the 'world's best three whiskies'. The restaurant is open to residents and non-residents for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, but booking is essential - including afternoon tea as our scones and cakes are freshly baked to order. Netherstowe House is located in the heart of England. Our private complex is situated on the north side of the Cathedral city of Lichfield, ideal for visiting many attractions including the NEC, The National Memorial Arboretum, Lichfield Cathedral, Alton Towers, Belfry Golf Course, Drayton Manor Park, Thomas Land, Tamworth Snow Dome, Curborough Sprint Course, Heart of the Country, Cannock Chase, Derbyshire Dales, National Forest, NIA, Symphony Hall, ICC, Sutton Park, Cadbury World and West Midland Safari Park. Our hotel is family run with a long standing team, resulting in truly professional service with a personal, relaxed, warm and caring style. Whether it be for the first time, or as a returning visitor, we look forward to welcoming you to Netherstowe House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Netherstowe House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.