“Consistently fab!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Consistently fab!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I love this place, eat here regularly and the food is consistently fab, great value for money and the staff are welcoming & friendly offering the perfect touch at the end of the night when the man ushers you to your car with an umbrella when it's raining ;)

NYE is fab celebration here too!

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Impressive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We went here as a group on a Sunday evening and were greeted at the door by a pleasant member of staff who sat us down in the waiting area before our waiter guided us over to our seats. The staff were very polite and courteous from the start and remained as such throughout the evening. The first thing we noticed is that the menu is absolutely HUGE! If you insist on having plenty to choose from, then you will not be disappointed! Having navigated through 10 pages of menu, we set about eating what turned out to be a decent meal- the meat and fish was well cooked and seasoned nicely. Considering the sheer volume of food on offer, we were very pleasantly surprised that each dish was uniquely seasoned with none of the flavours being similar across the dishes; a common problem in some Indian restaurants where the "base" ingredients are shared in a bid to save time. Our orders were served promptly, although this was no doubt helped by the small number of diners there that night. The fact that you can bring your own alcohol is a massive bonus and harks back to the good old days when this was a common practice across many Indian restaurants and certainly helped to reduce the cost of the evening. Each person treated themselves to a starter and a main with the regular accompaniment of rice and naan breads completing the order- on average the bill worked out at around £16 per person, which I would class as good value for money. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys Indian food and will certainly come here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent all round!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I live in Canada and I always make a point of eating at the Lodge at least once during my visits to England. It is just down the road from my parents house. The staff are always friendly, huge selection and they cater to non-curry eaters too! A great bonus is the BYOB which is a rarity. They also offer take-out which I've also taken advantage of. Dont forget to book as they are very popular and dont forget to BYOB! Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Great Barr, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have been visiting the Lodge for a number of years now and the food never fails to impress me. On Saturday I had the roshun Murgh (garlic chicken) which was modified to lamb tikka and even though the staff should of been under pressure because it was busy the service along with the food was fantastic and they could not do enough for us.
I would recommend the Lodge to anyone as I have never had a bad meal, always made to feel welcome and the price is reasonable to.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We eat here two to three times a month and can not fault it. without doubt it is our favorite eating place, we love it. Need to book as it is very often full, ( which speach speaks for itself ). Food is excellent.Take your own drink, also a bonus. The staff are great and a lovely atmosphere.