“More than just a cafe” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
“More than just a cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

This is a really nice cafe with great food and friendly staff, the food is nicely presented and tastes superb, I ate there several times, the roast lamb dinner was exceptionally good and cooked to perfection, I then had a fruit crumble with clotted cream OMG this was delicious. I also attended a evening special occasion meal there where the food was fantastic, the starter was goats cheese wrapped in parma ham, then a chicken meal followed by a delicious dessert, I would highly recommend anyone visiting Wells to visit Andres cafe. You will not be disappointed.

Gravesend, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This was our first time visiting Wells, we stayed in Belleview b&b which is about a 10 minute walk from Andre's cafe, we were advised by some local people to try there as they said the food was lovely, ( we were not disappointed) it was at the other end of the high street away from the Cathedral, the food was amazing so much so that we ate there for 3 days, ( we was only in Wells for 3 days ) there was a wide range of fresh cooked food and cakes to choose from which are very reasonably priced. The fish dishes were cooked to perfection. A brilliant chef. The staff in there were always friendly and helpful, A big THANK YOU to Kerrie and Eve who served us on these days.
I would highly recommend Andre's cafe to anyone visiting Wells you will not be disappointed.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely Little Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

First morning of camping and it was pouring with rain and no chance of cooking on site...so we all bundled into the car (six of us including small children and a baby) and headed to Wells.

We stumbled on this little cafe and had a smashing cooked breakfast and coffee in the shadow of St. Cuthbert's Church. Great, friendly service and the regular customers in there seemed like a really nice bunch too.

Would definitely return if ever in Wells again.

Visited August 2014
Wells, United Kingdom
“Best Bacon Sandwich ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Andre's is situated slightly away from the main tourist area but is well worth the effort of searching it out - look for the church of St. Cuthbert's at the bottom of the High Street... Andre's is a small café that serves excellent lunches, homemade cakes, a wide selection of alcoholic beverages as well as tea and coffee. I have eaten lunch there on many occasions - one of my choices, a halloumi salad, was fantastic (Andre's own balsamic dressing is worth visiting the café for if for no other reason) but I have to say that the bacon sandwich was out of this world; thick hand cut white bread, smeared with cranberry sauce and covered with a thick layer of brie, finished off with lots of crispy bacon - wow - a taste sensation!
For those people who live in Wells, Andre's is a brilliant venue for a private party - if you want a 3 course menu for between 10-30 people on a Friday or Saturday night, then I cannot recommend Andre's highly enough. I have booked 2 different parties here (a 50th birthday and a retirement do) both which were excellent. The food is scrumptious, the staff brilliant and for the cost, I think it is hard to beat (you do need to book in advance as Andre's Café is only open on Friday or Saturday nights if pre-booked). When I booked, I was able to adapt the menu to suit some of the personal tastes of the guests, ie: change the soup or add an special ingredient to the salad.

• Visited April 2014
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Fabulous home cooked food in Wells!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We found ourselves in Wells today, almost by chance, actually out car hunting. We stopped in this lovely city around lunchtime and,at the end of a long street found Andre's cafe, near the Church.As it was sunday, I chose a roast sunday lunch-and what a lunch it was, there was a choice of 16 hour cooked lamb, Beef, or in my case roast belly pork with crackling.The meal comprised excellent cooked veg (not the overcooked mush so often accompanying sunday lunch)and a superb yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes and lovely apple sauce. Sublime is the only word I can think of for the sweet,succulent pork and the crackling was that sort with initial bite, that just melts away- gorgeous! Sara chose a well constructed , warm Chicken and Bacon salad with plenty of tasty chicken and bacon, she was very happy with that.Fancying a beer , It was great to get a local brew (Bath Gem) served at exactly the right temperature, and for pudding we shared a red fruit crumble of generous size, the sharpness of the fruit set of perfectly with some superb clotted cream.All in all, this was a truly delicious lunch- we will certainly visit again, and our waitress kelly (lovely smile!) was friendly and helpful. Great job guys thank you David and Sara

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere