“Not great” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

On one Saturday lunchtime, when the restaurant wasn't even at full capacity, it was a shame that the woman on the table next to us had to wait half an hour for a scone even though her partner had received his quickly. The staff were very polite and apologetic about it but clearly not proactive. Overpriced for the food and service you get. A real shame.

Cheddar, United Kingdom
“Rainy lunchtime treat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

pop in here for the first time for a "cheer me up" rainy lunch! - a little steamed up inside and quite dark , however plenty of seating and very clean around the tables and the counter
I was served at the table by the waitress who was quick and efficient - coffeee was ok - good but not amazing - i just feel something is not quite right
its a big place and for me i felt rather "exposed" staff standing at the counter chatting and not many customers made me feel ill at ease
Perhaps some classical / jazz background music?
The sandwich i ordere was good simple and well presented - i would go again but i feels something is missing....................

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Happily found”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

At half past 2 on a Thursday afternoon and needing only some soup to warm us up, we were offered from the board 'cream of spring onion' soup. Unfortunately as it was so late this excitingly named soup was no longer available however the cream of tomato with basil was excellent and did the warming up trick.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wells, United Kingdom
“lacking something, but not sure what.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I really want to like pickwicks but there is still something missing...... I often feel I am in a waiting room, stone cold silence, no background music which is a real shame as the menu itself is nice and coffee decent. so come on guys give the place some atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Reading
“Wonderfully serviced café :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Me and my boyfriend visited Wells for the first time last month and came across Pickwicks which we chose to stop in for lunch.
We felt welcome as soon as we entered!
The food was exceptional and was more than I could have asked for- a much better standard than any chains that we saw in the area. I wish I hadn't filled up on lunch though- as the homemade cakes looked delicious!
The owners are very friendly and always keen to help.
We will definitely be visiting again!!

• Visited October 2013