“Dont let the sun set on the good earth!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Dont let the sun set on the good earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was very upset to hear that the owners of the good earth are moving on. I visit the good earth every week and have done since the current owners took over. The food is fantastic, consistent and fresh. The entire ethos of the good earth exudes quality and professionalism. The owners are delightful and you can tell that they make the environment a very happy place to work, I would expect no different from people of their professional and successful background.
I will wish them in person, but would like to use this opportunity to wish them well with whatever their next project may be and hope that the new owners of the good earth can continue the name on to a similar standard as difficult as the task the are faced with may be! Thank you to the owners of the good earth for feeding me the best food every Thursday lunchtime for the past 14 years! Let me know if you set up another eatery!

• Visited March 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fabulous place to eat tasty vegetarian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Good Earth is a stunning little eatery, food is great value for money, always tasty and well presented and the menu changes daily so you will always be pleasantly surprised with a delightful new choice. Food is ready made behind a counter on hot plates so no waiting. It really is wholesome, home cooked, tasty food that you won't mind paying for. I wish I could cook food like they serve at the Good Earth.

• Visited March 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best Vegetarian Restuarant in the South”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My boyfriend's mom took me here on a day out in Wells and I was thrilled. The food was delicious and there was lots to choose from (which is normally not the case for a veg in the UK). I tried the pizza one day with a side salad and a bean salad and all was delicious. I late came back with my bf and we got a bunch of food to go and ate it picnic style near the cathedral. I love this place, it reminds me of my favorite restaurant in LA called Follow Your Heart- good, flavorful, vegetarian food for a decent price with lots of choices.

Every time I go to Wells I go here and I can't wait to go back during my next visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Best garlic bread we've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We dropped in for a light lunch at the Good Earth today and were pretty sure we had made a good choice to eat as it was already busy at midday. An excellent, varied and colourful menu...difficult to choose. We both had the large, home made soup... I think it must have been a pint, it was enormous, excellent value and piping hot. We also had a very thick slice of garlic bread which was the best garlic bread I've ever had. The service at the Good Earth is excellent, tables are cleared quickly and there are a number of areas in which to eat, one which has a welcoming open fire. Wells has a terrific farmer's market every Wednesday, which is a very good reason to visit the city, and we will definitely return to the Good Earth next time we go to the market.

• Visited February 2013
“Excellent as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I always eat in the Good Earth whenever I'm in Wells! They have a varied & very tasty menu & whatever I choose is always delicious. Their home made garlic bread is to die for, perfect!!! The staff are always friendly & helpful & I can't rate it highly enough. Try it , you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013