“Great place to stay ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baytree House Bed and Breakfast

Baytree House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
Baytree House Bed and Breakfast
You added Baytree House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
85 Portway, Wells BA5 2BF, England   |
Ranked #32 of 41 Wells B&B and Inns
Bewdley, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Me and Tracy stayed on the 2nd October for 1 night the room was excellent and the atmosphere friendly breakfast was at 9am for us and that was excellent too.
It was the most friendly B And B we have stopped in.
I would recommend this listing for any one we will be returning again soon thank you for a wonderful time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Elgin, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I booked this B&B for a one night stay ,as we where returning to Wells after a night stay else where and the previous B&B could not accommodate us on the Saturday night. I nipped in on the Friday morning to say we may be a little late on the Saturday. I was taken into the kitchen to check my booking. I was horrified at its untidiness. Even worse I was eye level with the extractor fan and the grease and dust did not make a pretty site. The sink was full of rubbish. I appreciate that they had guests in and could have been the swapping over but this was not just a days mess. I went back out to the car and told my husband that I did not feel comfortable staying there as I would not be able to eat my breakfast after seeing the dirt on the extractor fan. My husband phoned to cancel making the excuse that we had to stay away longer then expected. I know we should have said there and then (we had to get going as we had an appointment somewhere). how do tell someone you their place is unhygienic. Luckily we found another B&B in Wells for the Saturday night. For cancelling the Bay Tree without giving 7 DAYS notice we where charged £73.00. I still would have walked out on the night if I had not popped in on the Friday. I really would say to people there are far nicer B&B's out there I stayed in two whilst in Wells and both where immaculately clean and cheaper. I did e mail them to tell them the truth but have had no reply.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Camelford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Me and my wife visit Baytree House several times every year and each time we do, we are always treated as good friends. Amanda, the owner, is always the perfect hostess, she always greets us with a smile and a very warm welcome. The B & B is always spotlessly clean, always well appointed and the breakfast is superb. Amanda always asks what you want for breakfast and always delivers exactly what you have asked for. All in all, I wish to recommend this Bed & Breakfast to anyone who is visiting Wells and would also recommend anyone visiting Wells to visit the Cathedral and Bishops Palace, they are beautiful and very moving buildings. Well worth a visit

Room Tip: All rooms are superb
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Weatherford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed in the ground floor room with a private bath, just as we had asked for. Our room was very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. We could walk to everything we wanted to see in Wells from this place. The parking was adequate, but it is on a busy road. We left early the last day and they left some toast and juice for us plus the coffee we had in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if you want to avoid stairs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had not planned on staying the night in Wells but decided to find a B&B and came across Baytree House. The hostess was friendly and welcoming and very helpful. The room was a good size and light and the bathroom too. There was a kettle with tea coffee and Hot Chocolate which was a nice surprise and a tv. The breakfast was very good and really made the stay in my opinion. The location was brilliant only minutes walk from the centre of town. I would definitely stay again and recommend it to others. The only thing i would say was that on the cleanliness front there were one or two too many spiders and webs on the ceiling in the corridors and common rooms but there were none in the room thankfully. Not being a spider fan this was a big point for me but other than that it was clean and tidy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Home!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just having our tenth stay in Baytree House - still the same. Hot water, clean bed in a clean room (heating already turned on because it's a wet October day!) and a substantial breakfast made from good quality ingredients (Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs!!!)

we'll be back again and again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had just one night here but would have been happy to stay for longer. We were given a pleasant room, and we were delighted to find that there was a real shower in the en suite not a slippery over the bath arrangement. And the shower itself was very good too. Another thing we appreciated was find a sheet on the bed and a blanket available, so we were not forced to bake under a duvet......or freeze after throwing it off. A nice touch and unusual to find. The noisy tank in the bathroom was interesting! It would be good if that could be fixed,although it didn't cause us any problems once we realized what it was.
We were made welcome and certainly did not encounter any unfriendliness, as was suggested in the last review. The breakfast was very enjoyable,and we would be pleased to recommend Baytree House .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Baytree House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!