We only stayed overnight after an evening concert at the cathedral yet were treated like royalty. To be personally met as our car drew up and then effortlessly ushered inside for a welcome cup of tea plus cakes, was great. Our host, Frances, was charming as she briefly explained the history of the house and showed us to our room. What a view! Below, the cathedral and beyond that, Glastonbury Tor.
The room temperature was absolutely right for us and there was enough cool air to make sleeping easy. There is a complete absence of noise and you don't hear any other guests coming in a little later. The room had everything you could possibly want, even a pillow spray.
Breakfast was at a civilised time of 9am and what really marks Stoberry House out is the way that you are treated. We befriended an American couple also staying and after pots of tea and talk it was 11am. There was no rush for us to leave and I could easily have poured myself a small whiskey, pulled up a comfy chair and curled up in the sun to admire the view but there is another day.
It is a beautiful house and well deserving of all the praise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 26 acres of parkland nestles Stoberry House and its beautiful 6 acre gardens with breathtaking views over Wells, its cathedral and the Vale of Avalon. Stoberry is unique being completely surrounded by countryside yet within easy walking distance of the City. This luxury boutique bed and breakfast lies in beautiful surroundings, comfortably furnished reception rooms lead to tastefully and individually decorated en suite bedrooms and I look forward to welcoming you to Stoberry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your Stoberry House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoberry House Hotel Wells
- Stoberry House Wells, Somerset