“Somerset Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glastonbury Properties - Hillside

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
Glastonbury Properties - Hillside
You added Glastonbury Properties - Hillside to your Saves list
Ashwell Lane, Glastonbury BA6 8BG, England   |
Ranked #39 of 58 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Somerset
“Somerset Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

I went there without expecting much but I have to say: It is the best place to stay! I never felt so welcome and happy in a B&B. Everyone is so lovely. The food is AMAZING and the owner is so lovely. I couldn't ask more. The rooms are also very nice and I loved the big and clean baths!
Haves an great time and cant wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

Hillside is one of the most relaxing and scenic B&B we have had the pleasure of staying at. In fact we wouldn't even give it such a label, it's more than that, much more. Its a lovely big country house that makes you feel like your staying with good friends. Just behind the house sits The Tor one of Glastonburys main attraction sites.

We were greeted with the biggest welcome from the owners Anna and Simon ín fact we were greeted with a hugs and kisses because my partner had told them it was my birthday and before i knew it i was wisked away to another part of the house. They had arranged an holistic treatment for me whilst my partner was treated to a full organic breakfast. We relaxed in their lovely communal front room with fantastic views and a beautiful fire place adorned with crystals of all shapes and sizes. This was whilst our room in Primrose Cottage was being prepared for us. Once given the keys and shown over the road to the cottage Simon was continuing to be the perfect host by not allowing us to even carry our own bags. Upon arrival we were overjoyed to find out that we had our own cottage for 3 days (we were fortunate that the downstairs was vacant during our stay, allowing us free reign).

As a surprise my partner had asked Anna to provide rose petals, in fact she had gone one step further she had arranged the most beautiful live roses and had placed petals in a seperate bowl to be used when so needed, this was waiting for us in the bedroom. To give you another example of their genuine desire to make their guest feel at home. One night we were running late to get to an office licence and Anna sorted us out with a bottle of wine and a few cans of beer from her own fridge so we didn't have to stress to go anywhere, (of course we still have to pay for it :-).

Breakfast was truely as delightful as the other reviews have highlighted. Really their was nothing better than freshly cooked breakfast overlooking a fabulous pictureresque scene.
We were made so welcome that popping in and out of the main house and the kitchen to have a chat with Anna and Simon seemed so natural and comfortable as visiting true friends for the weekend. Anna also arranged with ease for my partner to surprise me with a range of holistic treatments without me having to leave Hillside. No request or question seemed too much trouble for them to answer or help us with.

The bedroom was large and airy with en-suite and the most beautiful scene of the Avalon. We had our own garden which had a mysterious secret garden that cannot be seen from the lounge.

Even before we left we were planning on when we would have the opportunity to visit Glastonbury and Hillside again. We did all the tourist things.... visited The Tor and The Chalice Wells which reinforced our own spiritual overstanding and innerstanding that we are surrounded and guided by the energy of love and as we reached within and projected that, to all those wonderful people we met, it came right back us. We travelled with our crystals and used the opportunity thanks to the glorious weather to wash and re-energize them at the Chalice Wells and gardens. We spent many a moment meditating and reflecting on our experiences and knew that once we returned to London there would be many changes, all positive ones of course. It was my 41st earthday and our anniversary of 8 years of spiritual connection and growth together and what a way to spend it.

We would recommend Hillside and Primrose Cottage to anyone wanting to experience all that was mentioned above. It truely was a wonderful experience and we cannot thank Anna and Simon enough for their hospitality. This was one of the most beautiful and relaxing earthdays I have experienced and to think we had all this only 2 hours outside London. On our route home we stopped at Stonehenge to finish of a magical, metaphysical and spiritual experience.

To end we must admit we have used Tripadvisor many times as a source of information and have never given back in return. Our visit to Hillside has compelled us to write a review for the very first time. If we had not read the reviews above we would never have known about Hillside. So we thank all you other Tripadvisor reviewers and we strongly urge any of you still reading our article, to always write a review when you find an Anna and Simon where ever they may be. Peace , Love and Light

p.s on a practical note, if you are staying at the cottage you can park off road, outside the front door, perfect. There is also free wifi in both the cottage and main house.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

We stayed at the Fitzrovia Red Room in the Main House and were very pleased with the large space, modern and complete amenities (including a big en-suite bathroom), and cleanliness. The healthy and filling breakfast (with many options) was also heavenly. Hillside's location is perfect - on a quiet street beside the Glastonbury Tor with picturesque views. Anna & Simon were terrific hosts and made sure that we were very comfortable. We would definitely return to Hillside for our next weekend getaway to Glastonbury!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

Hillside has ruined B&B experiences for me. I’m a seasoned B&B occupant and I have never come across anything close to the level of hospitality provided by the hosts at Hillside, Anna and Simon.

I initially stayed at the Primrose Cottage Annexe, which featured a super kingsize bed, well-appointed kitchenette and modern bathroom, access to laundry facilities and a reception room with French doors opening onto a verandah. The Annexe shares a delightful garden with the main cottage, which was redolent with blossom fragrance when I was there in May.

The Main House is located on the other side of the road at the foot of the Tor. Only a small patch of woods (complete with bluebells and badger sets) divides the back garden from the terraces of the Tor itself. I later stayed in the Red Room there– a very spacious, tastefully decorated room with spectacular views over the Somerset levels and a larger than average en suite finished to a high spec.

Breakfast consisted of a wide variety of organic produce, cooked to order at a time to suit me, and was nothing short of divine.

If you are sad enough to want to go online in such a gorgeous setting (as I was), both the Main House and the cottage have free wifi.

What sets Hillside apart, however, is Anna and Simon’s generosity as hosts. I spent several evenings chatting with them over a glass of wine in their aga-warmed kitchen or lounging in their conservatory. They assisted me with my transport arrangements, introduced me to some fantastic people and generally provided me with the warmest welcome I’ve ever received in any holiday accommodation. They clearly take incredible pride in their work and would be fully justified in charging double; as it is, they are very reasonable.

I’d ordinarily be a little sceptical of any superlative laden review such as this, but I quite simply can’t fault any aspect of my stay at Hillside. I will be returning as soon as I can get the time off!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2008

Wonderful B&B & I would definitely go back again. The Red Room was huge with its own large ensuite bathroom. Breakfast was delicious (particularly the fruit plate!) and the hosts were friendly and welcoming. Excellent value for money.

• Liked — Space and luxury
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

This is a wonderful place to stay and would put many 4/5 star hotels to shame. The rooms are airy, spacious and spotlessly clean. The beds are really comfortable and made up with lovely crisp linen. Anna and Simon are the perfect hosts and make you feel completely at home. The breakfast is amazing. All in all a great place to stay and I have already booked in for my next visit.

• Liked — My room and the welcome
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2006

Well, I'm a reporter, and I'm used to travel all over the world in quite expensive hotels. And I was pleasantly surprised by this lovely B&B in the south east of England.
Airy room, vast bathroom, very quiet, and the breakfast in itself is an experience.
Strongly recommand the place, and Anna and husband Simon are absolutely adorable.
I even wrote a little article about it, [---]

There you go...

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Glastonbury Properties - Hillside? Share your experiences!