“Perfect, highly reccommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Keepers Cottage B&B

Keepers Cottage B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
Keepers Cottage B&B
You added Keepers Cottage B&B to your Saves list
Wood Lane | Butleigh, Glastonbury BA6 8TR, England   |
Ranked #31 of 59 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
UK
“Perfect, highly reccommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The only reason I have any hesitation in writing this review is that this is such a find and at present a hidden treasure, that I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell anyone else about it. I found this online at the last minute when the rest of Glastonbury was booked solid. The last time I did that, I had to stay in the Travelodge in Glastonbury, so when that was booked out too, I dreaded to think what this was going to be like.

We (my daughter and I) were made to feel so welcome from the moment we arrived, by Michael, who has lovingly built the 2 cottages himself. The pictures online don't do this place justice and we couldn't believe we had been able to find anywhere as lovely, so close to Glastonbury.

My only complaint, and it's not really a complaint at all, is that we weren't able to stay longer, but that is something we will fix as we are planning to come back soon. It's more that we want to come back here and that Glastonbury being nearby is a bonus.

Next time we look forward to sharing a glass of wine with Michael!

Can't wait!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Luxurious accommodation with a friendly face. An attractive and quiet setting with many exciting destinations a short drive away.

We stayed for just one night on a whim; we only wished we could have made it longer.

Michael, the charming owner, was both attentive and kind far beyond our expectations. We enjoyed his company and that of the other guests over an excellent breakfast.

We felt very lucky to have chanced upon such a wonderful place and would strongly recommend a visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

It's rare when I can't find SOMETHING negative to say. I am trying but no, this was absolutely the most perfect little postcard place I've stayed in in recent memory. The only unfortunate thing was that I could only stay one night. Two of us shared a huge cottage with two bedrooms, a giant bathtub, flat-screen TV, CD-player, two entrances, and a bay window facing a field filled with pheasants and the occasional deer. A kettle ready for coffee and tea was waiting for us, just when we needed it the most. Michael, the host, was incredibly friendly and thoughtful, even bringing us coffee to our terrace as we were packing to go in the morning. He was charming and knowledgeable, and took part in the renovations of this lovely country home. Breakfast was enormous and could be taken anytime - and was amazing in both size and quality. We told Michael we'd be back for a longer stay and the next time I go to Glastonbury, one of my favourite UK destinations, this is where I'll stay. I've already told friends to go.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Having only a quick stop over in Somerset we were delighted to find this excellent, stunning accommodation in a fantastic location at such a reasonable price. A real gem of a find. We were greeted by Michael, the owner with a glass of chilled wine and welcomed as if one of the family. His hospitality knew no bounds, inviting us all to dine with him and his delightful family within his beautiful home where the wine flowed and easy conversation was met with great company and superb food. We stayed in a separated building which was delightful, spacious and contemporary with a very homely feel. Breakfast was amazing, full English and endless tea and coffee. Our host was amazing and the only criticism was he should have charged more.......stay again....YES

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is the perfect place to stay when visiting, say, Glastonbury or Wells. The owner goes to a lot of trouble and effort to make everyone's stay something the guest will remember - and in a good way! The accommodation (consisting of several cottages) is separate from the main house, is spacious (lots of individual rooms to wander in and a large luxury bathroom) and very tastefully decorated. The breakfast is supperb and served in front of a roaring fire in a cosy atmosphere. Highly recommended and excellent value for money. Also, the views of the countryside from the windows are everything you would expect from an ideal rural location.

Room Tip: Any room would be good in this facility.