“A Heartwarming Welcome to a Heart-soothing Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jasmin Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
Jasmin Cottage
You added Jasmin Cottage to your Saves list
10 Manor House Road, Glastonbury BA6 9DE, England   |
Ranked #8 of 59 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A Heartwarming Welcome to a Heart-soothing Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had one of the worst days of my life 2 weeks ago, which ended in one of the best contrasting and de-stressing experiences at Jasmine Cottage, that I could not have needed more.

Suffice to say, I had a very harried day and had to pack, get dressed and make the one coach (bus) leaving for Glastonbury that evening. But while cleaning up my flat before leaving and thus putting the trash out the door to be sure and remember to take down with me, I slipped and the automatic door closed behind me and locked, leaving me out in the foyer in my nightshirt and underwear!

Don't panic, I told myself, the doorman must have an extra key downstairs. So in my nightshirt "nightie", I went down only to find he did not! The landlord was on a vacation to Spain, my husband on a trip to DC, and I was desperate to get out of the noise of the city and to my appointment in quiet, spiritual, historical Glastonbury and would pay a great deal if I missed my un-refundable bus and the appointment that it was now to late to reschedule!

Suffice to say the next 2 hours were a stressed panic of finding a locksmith, totally replacing the lock (and paying heavily for needing to do so!), finishing dressing, packing and on the tube to Victoria Station and running, running, running to make my bus with one minute to spare and in a shirt now soaked through with panicked stress and sweat! The bus didn't arrive in Glastonbury until 11pm that evening because of "delays" and detours and when it did, I realized I had left all the directions and instructions to my B&B on the table, in the panic of my leaving and....my cellphone had run out of battery! Things could not have gone worse!

The small and truly lovely village the bus left me off in alone was nonetheless pretty quiet, as I walked down its High Street hoping something would "jog" my memory to where "Jasmine Cottage" and the lovely and warm "Justine" I had talked to on the phone, might be? I was tired and emotionally drained in every way, and now lost! But it did seem a very welcoming High Street with shops and bookstores I very much wanted to explore the next day when all would be open. Just as I was about to despair and frantically thinking of my next move, I walked past a brightly lit and well-peopled restaurant with the title "A Hundred Monkeys" and felt reassured I had come to the right place, again! Two middle-aged gentlemen were standing directly outside the restaurant, apparently saying "good-bye" to each other and I sensed I could take a chance and ask them for directions.

Both were responded quite kindly, and one even said, "Yes, I know where Jasmine Cottage is. I even know Justine and I happen to be walking that way so would be happy to show you." I refrained from hugging him and was so grateful, especially as he walked me out of his way and to her very door! (Thank you, "Mark", wherever you are!)

I knocked and sure enough Justine was right there to welcome me, bright and bushy-tailed even though it was now past 11pm in the night. She showed me the small, welcoming cottage, and the bathroom near my room which was mine alone for the night and would never be shared by more than one other room, and set up our time for breakfast the next morning at my preference and also asked what I would like to eat!

After meeting and stroking lovely Apache the cat, I said good-night to both and closed the door to my simple but well appointed room. Considering the horrible day I had had, I was amazed that when I got into bed I felt so comfortable, so happy to have gotten to Glastonbury, so completely welcomed and "at home".

The breakfast with Justine (I was the only guest for that night, though more would join the next) was truly special: we could not stop talking about shared interests, the amazing people she knew and had met (an Icelandic singing couple whose CD was softly playing in the background, other teachers, world travelers stopping in the famed historical spot of legendary Camelot and Avalon) and just a general joi de vivre and open warmth about her. The fresh figs straight from her lovely garden added to the wonderful yogurt didn't hurt either! And as in my rush, I had not eaten at all for 24 hours, she was happy to also make me two perfect poached eggs with toast and tea -- would have made whatever I wanted.

We had such a lovely morning together and it set the tone for the rest of my wonderful visit that was nonetheless far too short for all the positive energy and calm de-stressing I got in that wonderful little cottage in that special "magical" spot.

I will most definitely be back as often as I can possibly manage it, so hold breakfast for me, Justine and Apache!

And thanks so much for your wonderful welcome -- it couldn't have been more helpful and healing at a more important time.

Room Tip: There are only a small amount of rooms at Jasmine cottage, but all are well appointed with a welcomi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hannover, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have been several times at Jasmins Cottage, well located nearby High Street in Glastonbury.
Jasmins Cottage is run by Justin Bonner who makes the best breakfast and is such a nice person, for us she became inbetween a friend. She helps her guests if they have any questions and is also a wonderful massage therapist. There is a private massage cabin-try it!! Even getting picked up at Bristol Airport may be requested. They B&B is small, three rooms, one with an ensuite Bathroom. If you want to find a place to well like home book Jasmin´s!

Room Tip: Tree room is downstairs and may be used as double, peacockroom has an ensuite bathroom
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed at Jasmin cottage in July this year and I found that the owner Justine was a very warm friendly person. From the moment I walked in I felt it had a home to home feel about it. The Interior is very characteristic and she has created a very calm relaxed atmosphere and this continues out into the garden, a beautiful jasmine tree is like an oasis. The room I stayed in was cosy and had a great selection of books. The breakfast was lovely great selection of hot food, museli, fresh fruit, toast etc. Justine has great local knowledge of the area and also of the historical and holistic fields in Glastonbury. The cottage is located only 3 mins walk from the centre of Glastonbury, its well worth the walk!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Jasmine Cottage is a lovely place to stay with a unique atmosphere. It is like staying with friends or family rather than a b and b. You feel at home straight away. there is a beautiful secluded garden. Justine, the owner, is very sensitive to the individual needs and personalities of visitors. Jasmine Cottage is very tranquil, yet is only 5 minutes walk from the centre of Glastonbury. I would not stay anywhere else in the town now.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Jasmine Cottage is so convenient in the heart of Glastonbury but away from the hustle and bustle of the town's high street. Justine, the owner makes me feel so welcome every time I visit. Her guest house is a lovely home, very clean and friendly with great breakfast too! There's the added bonus of a lovely English garden at the back of the house.... satisfaction guaranteed everytime!!!

Room Tip: the upstairs room... peacock room has its own large bathroom...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Lichfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have just returned from a weekend in Jasmin Cottage & I'm already planning my return trip.
It had a very warm and cosy energy. I felt like I was at home. The lounge is small but perfect with loads of books and CD's. One night we lit candles and incense in the lounge and it was deeply relaxing.
We stayed in the Peacock room which is a big room with a private huge bathroom. Again it had a really nice energy. We had candles in there and it was lovely to go to sleep in candlelight. The duvet I have to mention is so soft, cosy and warm - a nice heavy one which I love - and the bed was so comfortable! We had the added bonus of having the cat Apache with us all weekend! So gorgeous! The only thing I would say is that the shower is quite low in the Peacock room and can't be moved up (maybe I am just too tall!).
Unfortunately it rained when we were there so we didn't get to experience the garden but it looked lovely.
I only met Justine briefly as she was off to run a retreat. Instead we were looked after by Sarah and Simon - both really lovely and helpful hosts.
The breakfast was really good and plentiful. I can't speak for Justine's but Simon's eggy bread was amazing! And Simon is very interesting to chat too. It felt like stayting over at a friend's house.
The B&B is only a 5 minute walk from the High Street so it's in a great location.
Jasmin Cottage is perfect if you want to get away from it all and chill or have some quiet time.
It's so cosy and comfortable. The hosts were also very laid back which added to the overall vibe. We were told to check out when we were ready and we allowed to keep hold of the key so we could have a cup of tea in the afternoon before we left.
I am planning a solo retreat there - why pay a fortune for an organised retreat when you can go to Jasmin Cottage for solitude/silence/meditation and to recharge those batteries. Will definitely be returning but for longer this time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This will be my third visit to Jasmine cottage. It is truly a home from home.......you are welcomed in like an old friend. Justine is a wonderful, kind, warm and caring host. The location is perfect - a 5 minute walk onto the main street. The breakfasts are amazing (looking forward to getting a jasmin cottage porridge fix very soon) I really feel realxed and rested after my time spent in this special place. Very highly recommended if you want to experience Glastonbury and everything it has to offer - or equally you need a break from the old routine and some quiet reflective space.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Jasmin Cottage? Share your experiences!