“Do not drink here” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Do not drink here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Do not drink here. Unless of course, you wish to be cross examined as to any hidden agenda's you may have for purchasing a beverage. As a Government Professional, it may have come as a huge surprise to the bar staff to discover that I do not endorse the practice of illicit/underage drinking. Whatever issues the owners are having regarding the purchasing of strong ales/ciders, I found the current management strategy/inference rude and offensive. As we say in the trade, maybe its a training issue ?

A regular visitor to Glastonbury for over 30 yrs.

(This review is not a reflection of the accommodation or dining facilities but based solely upon the purchase of alcoholic beverages only).

Germany
“evening meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

the menu was ok it is pub grub we were not very hungry so opted for snacks the food was good portions large

Visited June 2013
Neath, United Kingdom
“A truly great pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I love this pub, it's everything you could want in a traditional old pub. It oozes character from the wooden beams to the stained glass windows. The bar staff were welcoming and friendly and though quite busy served very quickly. The drinks are reasonably priced too. I ordered a meal and was very pleased. I had steak which was perfectly cooked and served with real chips, salad, mushrooms, peas and the biggest, crispest and nicest beer battered onion rings I have ever tasted. Highly recommended for a drink or for food, would definitely return.

Visited May 2013
Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We weren't expecting much as we bobbed in here out of the rain, but it was really very good! The barmaid was very friendly and patient while we mucked her about changing our drinks orders and quizing her about the menu. We ordered two of the pies which are a whole meal in a pie - containing meat, veg and pots under a falky pastry lid. They were really superb, the beef was tender and in a gorgeous beer gravy. The kids ordered a chicken burger and a beef bruger, both were home cooked, a slice of chicken breast, and a home made burger. They were really well cooked and had proper grated cheddar on instead of a slice of plastic cheese. I thought it was great! Really cheap and very nice food well cooked. fab place as well!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shropshire
“George and Pilgrim, Glastonbury”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Don't think I'll eat there again. Dinner took an hour to arrive from order, though it was OK when it did. Pretty average pub food but it was under £35 for three of us. My steak was nicely cooked and my companions enjoyed their (1) stuffed chicken breast and (2) sole - but it was all a bit 'beige' if you see what I mean.
The pub was full of pixies - I do not jest - which was moderately entertaining.
The loos are horrid and inadequate.

• Visited May 2013