“Glasto Carnival 2012” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Ripon, England, United Kingdom
“Glasto Carnival 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My partner and I recently visited Glastonbury for the Carnival.After a 300 mile journey we revisited the George and Pilgrim for dinner and were not disappointed.
The staff were friendly and attentive and the food was excellent. Couldnt fault the service and we had a great first night in Glastonbury.
We returned a couple of days later for a drink after a busy day shopping in the town. My other half fancied a hot toddy as it was so cold outside and the chap behind the bar couldn't have been more helpful. He served my drink and asked us to find a table and brought the drink over to us.
We love this place and will keeping returning ... Thankyou.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Don't waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

bar staff were unhelpful and and were preoccupied with chatting with the regulars, who blocked the bar and didnt move when asked to. When asked about food and what was on draft, we were looked at like we were from another planet. Drinks very over priced. we were sent to sit in a separate empty room if we were ordering food, the room had no windows or background music ( or atmosphere). We drank up and went to the Who'd a thought it round the corner, which was more welcoming , with good food and service.

Barcelona, Spain
“Good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Probably not the best restaurant ever but food is good anyway. The day I went it was almost empty, so whe had a calmed and quiet dinner.

The place itself is worth to visit as it is a very extrange and funny place. It remainded me of Diagon Alley from Harry Potter books. I liked it :)

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Monk's Cell off limits”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I really like the place - the bar is great and the managers really friendly. Food basic, room lovely, breakfast great (although no smoked salmon this time round). I like the place but won't be staying again unless i get cast iron guarantee not to get bitten in the night - things are improving but it takes a while to really sort the problems of six months ago when a good friend of mine ended up in casualty after a multiple bed-bug attack.

Saturday night I evacuated the room at midnight
and crashed on some chairs in the ballroom!
Took me a week to recover ...

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Loved it! Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at the George and Pilgrim for 2 nights and LOVED every minute of it!!. I wish I could have stayed longer!! It is an amazing old pub with much historical significance and built in the 14th century. The staff were so friendly, happy and kind. I had some lovely talks with the staff while there. My bed was comfortable and I slept peacefully and soundly -- it is quirky and has so much atmopshere and a very, very friendly, warm vibe. The archecture, furnishings and artwork are incredible - and a lot of love and care has been given to it by its owners -- who are just wonderful!!

They were decorating for Halloween when I was staying there... and oh my ... I have never seen anything like it ... the decorations you just have to see for yourself --- the best I have ever seen ever -- the animated ones in the bar and entrance are soooooooo good! It sooo added to the atmosphere of this beautiful pub.

Loved EVERYTHING about this fascinating and historical pub - The George and Pilgrim - and I will be returning on my next visit to Glastonbury from Australia!

Thankyou to all the management and staff -- Much appreciation to you for your hospitality -- Thankyou!:)