“Fantastic B&B - Great Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Newhouse Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
Newhouse Farm
You added Newhouse Farm to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Burtle Road | Westhay, Glastonbury BA6 9 TT, England   |
Ranked #42 of 59 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Berkshire
“Fantastic B&B - Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

We travelled to Somerset for my birthday. We were visiting Wookey Hole and Longleat and wanted somewhere to stay for 2 nights. I booked this hotel via the internet and I was a little worried as we normally stay in 4 - 5* hotels. When we arrived we were greated and taken to our room. It was lovely with two huge windows one over looking the massive garden and the other looking over the working farm. It was very clean, with TV, DVD, Radio, Clock Alarm, Trousers Press, Tea and Coffee, Fridge, Hairdryer, Chocolates, lovely furniture, huge bed and a smaller one for my daughter. There were even slippers in the room and also large white fluffy bath robes hanging in the cupboard for you to use. The bathroom was very clean, with everything that you would need, lots of clean white fluffy towels, and all the things that you would find in a 4 or 5 * hotel, including a hot water bottle if you needed on. The bed was lovely to sleep in with lots of pillows. It was on a road but it was very quite and it was so nice to wake up in the mornings to the cows accross the road mooing. You are welcome if you ask them and they are happy to show you around the farm. You do need to check with them first as it is a working farm you can not just wonder in there by yourself. Maybe take some welly boots if you want to go to the farm with the kids. They were lovely and very helpful and very friendly. We stayed in the main house room number 3. There are 3 rooms in the main house and they also have a self catering cottage attached to the main house, by the horse stables. The food was delicious which was made to order, the eggs were just lovely to have. The dining room was large with a very large window over looking the garden. Lots of cereal, fruit, yogurt to choose from and also a main cooked breakfast and toast, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit teas etc., They even put a birthday card in the room for me on my return from Wookey Hole. It was a great location for Wookey Hole and not to much of a drive to Longleat. Also close to Glastonbury about 5 miles. Wells is a lovely village to visit as well and only a few minutes drive. Well has a beautiful cathedral which was just stunning. They have lots of information in the farm about local attractions and they are very helpful in advising you as well. I am surprised that I have not come accross this B&B on Trip Advisor before. It was brilliant and I would recomment them 100%. We paid £80 a night for the 3 of us. Brilliant and I would definitly stay there again if I was going to the area. Check out their web page. wwwnewhousefarmbandb.co.uk I would recommend that you book this B&B it was an enjoyable experience definitly one that I would use again and again.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Newhouse Farm? Share your experiences!