“Like being welcomed into a friends home as a long lost friend...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Dunster
More attraction details
Owner description: The Chocolate House in Dunster is the home of Nutcombe Chocolates of Minehead. Come and visit us to buy handmade chocolates and a range of interesting gifts. Our cosy cafe is the idea place to indulge yourself with hot chocolates, teas, coffees and cold drinks and ice creams, not to mention home made cakes!
Yeovil
“Like being welcomed into a friends home as a long lost friend...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

What a lovely experience. I bought my two children here for a culpa and cake and was welcomed so warmly it made my day. Service with this much care and attention to detail, a smile and interesting conversation is a rare thing these days.
There was cake for my 9 year old, finger puppets for my 1 year old to play with and a delightful little treat plate of free yummy chocolate samples for me! what more could I have asked?
I think it sad that this is so rare that I feel I should blog about it but I am so happy to have found such a lovely little gem of a place so close to my home I intend to make sure they get the recognition they deserve.
That's how it should be done :)

Visited February 2013

London, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
“hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have visited this little gem several times in the last 3 year, situated directly opposite the castle hotel it sells a variety of locally sourced chocolates and the tea shop provides a welcome break after a walk on the moors, cheerful and helpful staff make it a great place to stop for tea/coffee and hand made cakes and the chocolate are a welcome change from the mass produced products sold elsewhere, If you visit Dunster i would recommend you pop in and while there take advantage of the local knowledge freely given by the owners to help you enjoy your stay in a most beautiful part of somerset

Visited January 2013
Birmingham
6 attraction reviews
“Hot chocolat drink made with real chocolate.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Only stopped here briefly for a hot chocolate on a cold day whilst visiting the castle. Excellent service and welcome. Mind the step as you enter, there is a sign on the door which I read and then still tripped dwn the step.

Visited November 2012
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Cannot be beaten on produce or price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had seen this little shop advertised on the internet even before we had begun our holiday and as we are both chocoholics we had to pay it a visit when we were in Dunster and we can say that we were not disappointed, infact the shop far exceeded our expectations. We initially went in to look and purchase some of the many items of chocolate that this shop has and no matter what your price range is there is something for everything whether you want a little chocolate animal to a larger selection box this shop has it all. We made our purchases and decided to return later to sample one of their advertised cream teas. On our second visit to have our cream tea we were greeted overwhelmed with the service of the staff, nothing is too much trouble and they are extremely courteous and polite. We ordered our cream tea which consists of one or two scones (your choice) and a selection of beverages. We opted for a pot of tea which was piping hot and very tasty and was also provided with a top up pot of hot water. The tea is served in mugs so you get a good drink and with the hot water top up you can get a number of mug fulls from one sitting. The scones were very tasty and are slightly warmed prior to serving which makes them taste even better, they are fresh and melt in your mouth. You are also provided with two good sized bowls of jam and cream, certainly enough for what you need which again is very tasty. Whilst we did not have to wait long at all for our order to arrive we were given a bowl of complimentary chocolate buttons consisting of six sweets (this was also done at the end of the sitting which means we got 12 chocolate buttons in total) two milk, two dark and two milk chocolates, these are delicious and we actaully brought a couple of packets before we left the shop. We decided to return to the shop the following day for lunch, on this occasion we again had a pot of tea which was just as good as our first visit. We also had two ham sandwiches, you can have these on either white or granary bread and both are absolutely delicious. The bread is fresh as is the ham. You are offered chutney if required and the sandwiches are served with a small side salad for garnish and also a good helping of crisps. You can also choose from cheese or tuna sandwiches if you so wish. Again, whilst waiting forour fod we were given a complimentary bowl of chocolate buttons. After we had finished our sandwiches we sampled a piece of victoria sponge which was to die for, it melted in your mouth as soon as it entered and we wish that we had now had another slice. There are a number of cakes available which is also very good. We made a purchase of some further chocolate before we left the premises but as this is so delicious it didnt last long and we are only glad to see that the shop offers a mail order service which we will definately be taking advantage of. We have nothing bad to say about this shop or its wonderful staff, as stated above there is something for everyone and if you are in the area of Dunster you definately need to pay it a visit as you will not be disapponted, we werent and will definately be returning there again very soon, a big well done to the owners for having a little shop with a great atmosphere and selection of items.

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Insane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This place is insanely good, I can't rate it high enough. Great atmosphere, the staff are so friendly, the service is impeccable and did I mention the chocolate, the chocolate is so good, clearly hand made to a high quality, it tastes great. Oh, and if the above wasn't enough for you, the coffee is great, as a matter of fact it's so good I asked what it was and for the last 8 months have ordered it in.

But wait, there's more! It's also cheap! I think I paid £7 for two cakes and two coffees, but you also get some chocolate buttons and a refill on the coffee if you ask nicely and all of the above. All in all I love this place as you may tell from this review.

Visited June 2012
, Owner at The Chocolate House, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thanks for your review Sean. Glad you enjoyed this visit as much as your last and hope you've got enough DJ Miles coffee to keep you going for a while!

See you on your next visit hopefully.

Med vanlig halsningar (insert punctuation where required!)

Richard and Lorna