“Friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Sedgemoor

You added Days Inn Sedgemoor to your Saves list
Days Inn Sedgemoor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   M5 Motorway, Junction 21 / 22, Cheddar BS24 0JL, England   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cheddar
Lichfield
“Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Arrived at 6.30pm on 21/06/14.Checked in by a very friendly lady called Alison who was very attentive and knowledgeable.As the hotel was very busy the only room available for my wife and i when we booked was a smoking room but Alison was aware that we were non smokers and had arranged for the room to be given an extra clean and airing which helped.We also booked a family room for my son and his family.The rooms were well decorated,clean and modern.Only down side is that they only offered a continental breakfast which wasn't a problem as we walked over to the services to eat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Heathfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Excellent service from the staff. Sadly, we had to have a smoking room because of the hotel being so full, but it wasn't too smelly, though wouldn't have been our choice. The hotel's water failed the day we were leaving but the staff were very kind and apologetic.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Staff were friendly and eager to help, we changed our room from non-smoking to smoking with no difficulty! They also made friends with our dog every time we went in or out. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable with ample tea & coffee making facilities. We will definitely use Days Inns in the future rather than hunt around for B&B's that will take dogs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Swinton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was not sure what to expect from a stay on the motorway services and was very pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, spacious and above all quiet! The towels were huge the shower amazing and as a base to explore the surrounding area from it was brilliant. I will be booking again as it suited my needs down to the ground,

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here 31st May for a friends wedding. The lady on reception was very helpful with us getting early check-in at 12pm as the wedding we had to attend started at 1:30pm. There was a £10 charge however this was fine between 3 of us staying in the room. The location isn't great to get to but as we were travelling taxi we didn't have a problem getting to the nearby Rookery Manor. Plus next to the hotel there is a welcome break and fast food outlets. We booked our room early at £58 which was great value.

Our sleep quality was good and our room with the window open was nicely ventilated. However the only downside was when showering the next morning I had to wash down a few stray hairs that was in the bath from previous guests. And there was no electric plug outlet near the bed. That is a minor quibble, nothing major as we were very happy overall with our stay. Made even better when there was loads of little bunnies bouncing around the greenery when I woke up in the morning!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

great price for a 3-beds bedroom, convenient for just a night in. It's on the motorway so there is no charm and it's quite bad that it's only accessible on the northbound way. That means you have to drive 2x 8miles to go southbound. Anyway, for the price it's clearly OK and staff is nice as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

As soon as I walked into our room I was disappointed. It was freezing cold despite being mid june and had a very unpleasant smell about the room. We cranked up the heating and later cracked open the window to ventilate the smell of the room. When I went to bed the smell intensified and I picked my trousers off the carpet and sniffed them and they did smell a little. When I put them away the horrendous damp/old food smell was still there and I realised it was the carpet that reeked and that my clothes had actually picked up the smell!! I chose not to have a bath as the bath was discoloured and didnt look very appetising. When I slept the bed was hard and the smell of the carpet bothered me so much I had very little sleep. Its an ok budget hotel, but I seriously question the cleanliness and shudder to think if the bed I slept two nights in was even cleaned properly!

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Days Inn Sedgemoor? Share your experiences!