“2nd honeymoon in bath” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Keighley, United Kingdom
“2nd honeymoon in bath”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a French style restaurant and the food was excellent - would recommend the mussels and lovely duck . We had three courses and were very happy with everything served.

Visited June 2014
Mark M, Manager at Raphael Restaurant, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
We are always pleased to hear when a customer goes away satisfied with their meal. Many thanks

Gillingham, United Kingdom
“A delightful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

A pre theatre lunch came as a delightful surprise on the recommendation of friends when we were in Bath on Saturday 5 July 14. Good meal and welcoming staff. I always, on trip advisor reviews - good or bad or indifferent - offer my phone number as proof of authenticity.
Ralph / Gillingham / Dorset, 0771 982 8209

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mark M, Manager at Raphael Restaurant, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you. It's always good to hear people are recommending us and I'm even more delighted to hear that we have fulfilled expectations. See you soon.
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Raphael is adjacent to Bath Theatre Royal . For those who want a good pre theatre meal then this is perfect for both the food, timing and the pricing : as for those who want to dine early then a pre theatre meal will beat most pricing in Bath but there is no difference in portions….you just need to order by 7.30. We have been a few times and the Polish ladies are friendly , charming and attentive. The food is excellent and has a nice ambience . Best to book for a pre theatre meal as we have been turned away a few times.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mark M, Manager at Raphael Restaurant, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you. we hope to see you again soon.
Cullompton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My partner and I ate here on a Saturday night, having booked after reading other reviews on Trip adviser. What a great choice. The food was superb, and the wine list extensive. My partner chose the rack of lamb as a main course and it was cooked just right, apparently! I chose the duck breast and it was very tasty - the best duck I've eaten in a restaurant in fact. The staff were very friendly and attentive without intruding. They were also very good at explaining which dishes on the menu were gluten free and suitable for me. All in all a very enjoyable meal, and next time we visit Bath I have no doubt we will make a return visit.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mark M, Manager at Raphael Restaurant, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you so much. It was lovely to meet you. We are always happy to adjust dishes where possible to suit gluten free customers. Following our chat I will think about how I will make this more obvious to customers as I agree it may be beneficial to us.
Derbyshire
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was our second visit after a gap of seven years & we were delighted to find the same high standards as on our previous trip to Bath. Good service, nicely presented food. We both had honey roasted duck in a lovely rich red wine sauce, which was excellent but I would just point out that you need to check what it comes with - luckily we did so & as a consequence, ordered extra sides to bump up the veg content ! As stated elsewhere, staff were friendly & attentive but not intrusive. It isn't cheap but it's worth it. Would have no hesitation in recommending to others or returning ourselves if we are ever in Bath again.

Visited June 2014
Mark M, Manager at Raphael Restaurant, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you. I hope you had a good trip home to Derbyshire. See you next time.