“Excellent place with friendly staff and delicious food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 414 Restaurants in Bath
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent place with friendly staff and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very cozy place with interesting meals and very friendly staff. Have been there second time and the waitress recongnised us) It was very nice! Recommend butternut soup, crepes a la Greque, rose wine from Chili) And desserts!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perigueux, France
“Lived up to all its previous reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

During a short break in Bath, we stumbled across this restaurant, right next door to Sally Lunns Bun Shop. I recalled the excellent reviews I had read on Tripadvisor, so we dived in there for lunch rather than Sally's next door and we were so glad we did.

The menu was the best of Anglo-French cuisine and excellent value for the lunchtime menu choices. I cannot praise the "Chocolate St Emilion" dessert enough! Sheer heaven - in fact it was so good I am hard pushed to recall what else we had in the two previous courses but I do know it was all excellent!

Accompanying wine was good and the French Maitre D was very welcoming and friendly (bit of a change from French restauranteurs in their own country!!) as was the waitress serving us.

Excellent - I urge you to go!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food....Very Good Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We were in Bath as part of our holiday. My fiancé had been previously and knew of Tilleys.

I had the soup of the day which was so good my fiancé emailed the chef and owner for the recipe and he very kindly supplied this.

We both opted for the whole dover sole which were fresh and well cooked. The deserts were good too and not over phasing.

Lovely friendly service. Great food.. many thanks.

London, United Kingdom
“Special occasion made special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We celebrated my dad's 70th birthday at Tilleys and we couldn't have chosen a better restaurant. The staff hid my dad's cake until the right moment at the end of the meal and they made us feel very welcome. The food was delicious - I even tried snails for the first time and loved them. I can heartily recommend Tilleys.

Hertfordshire
“Great place to eat in Bath”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Just got back from a three day break in Bath. We looked around during the break at the various eateries while walking around the city of bath and concentrated on those that were highly recommended. We also looked at the menu's as well.
On one night we settled on the Tivoli bistro based on its location( centre of bath's historic area) next to Sally Lunns and close the the bath's and Abbey.We also like the look of its menu with a great deal of choice. There was a lunch menu and an early evening menu for 2 or 3 courses between5pm and 7pm but as we wanted to eat later and on the a la carte with much more choice.
We were not disappointed the food was excellent and well cooked and the service matched the food not to slow not to quick. The wine list was good and because it was so good we managed three courses and coffee. The staff are very friendly and this is one establishment out of the three we ate at that I would choose again.