“Partners Birthday Weekend Away..” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #91 of 436 restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Indian
Description: **Please see our website and new menu for Amazing Lunch Time and Dinner Special Offers!**The Mahal of Exquisite Indian Cuisine with the cities most impressive Georgian interior and triple domed high ceiling. Here at The Eastern Eye we are humbled and elated to have received multiple Restaurant of the Year Awards in 2011, along with a whole host of other accolades and positive reviews from popular magazines, newspapers and awards bodies. We specialise in wholesome traditional Indian food, with a touch of imagination and creative flair. We use some of the finest ingredients and pay immense attention to ensuring flavours are not only grounded in Indian culinary heritage, but also now and again break the mould with flavour combinations that are both unique and exceptionally delicious.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Partners Birthday Weekend Away..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I visited The Eastern Eye with my partner for her birthday and had a fantastic night! I had decided to go to this restaurant as the reviews were great and it wasnt far from The Hilton where we were staying (Had originally wanted to go to Sutto Sutto or The Mint Rooms but they were fully booked!) After finally finding the place - I have to say from the outside looked as if it would be tiny and a little dingy, we went upstairs to the restaurant and it was fantastic!! I had tried to book a table but was told to just come in and we might have to wait at the bar for 5 minutes. The wait was about 10-15 minutes but we didnt mind as the atmosphere was fantastic. We were sat quite close to another table, but it added to the feel of the place. We had poppadoms, onion bhajis and chicken chandan to start - all fantastic, chicken was delicious! My partner had Chicken Tikka Massala and I asked for King Prawn King Po but the waiter advised that it would take a while to cook but he had another dish that was similar that wouldnt take as long - so I went with that. We ordered mushroom rice and a keema naan to share. We were in the restraunt for about 2 hours and we both thoroughly enjoyed our meals, although the restaurant was packed out we had good service, fantastic food and didnt feel rushed. Would definatly recommend The Eastern Eye to anyone visiting Bath, the decor and atmophere is certainly a talking point! Good priced meal too, had expected to pay more!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
West Malling, England, United Kingdom
“Very Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Was on a romantic break with the good lady in Bath had a very bad experience here. Initial impressions was good. But went down hill from then on. Missing drinks even after asking twice. They attempted to be bill us for food we never had ( however did ask for it). The place is attempting now to cater for many and with this lost any form of customer care. I asked for a lamb dish and was given beef. When I challenged one of the managers no form of care or customer relations. The dining hall maybe beautiful but the the food and experience was not memorable.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I visited The Eastern Eye with friends and whilst the restaurant is very large, it still maintains a friendly atmosphere. Food and service were good - I can recommend this restaurant

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great Curry House - Epic Surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've never been in an Indian restaurant in such a beautiful setting. The food is excellent and the staff very friendly. Book a table because it can be packed any night of the week,

Visited December 2012
Bath, UK
“Elegant, courteous and simply delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Easily the best Indian Restaurant in Bath. Both the ambience of the elegant and spacious Georgian domed dining hall and the impeccable customer service. But the food is what really makes it memorable. On our last visit I was undecided about two new dishes and our charming, incredibly knowlegeable waiter offered to make me a smaller dish of each for no extra charge. My husband was offered a bespoke dish based on his personal tastes. When the waiter returned with genuine interest to see what we thought of his suggestions - we couldn't fault a thing. Not just a meal but a culinary experience of the first order.

• Visited November 2012