“Beautiful food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #183 of 465 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A Serial Award winning Restaurant with International reputation.
Perth, Australia
“Beautiful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

When on holiday with my family, we never eat at the same restaurant twice. I can't say that anymore as we ate at Rajpoot two nights in a row it was that good! I can't give any higher recommendation!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Evesham, UK
“Average food and slow service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is the third time I have eaten at the Rajpoot - the first 15 years ago and the second last summer.
I was quite disappointed this time. The restaurant was reasonably busy but we had booked. They make you sit in the waiting area when you arrive and you are not shown to your table until you have ordered your food. So, even though our table was ready, we had to spend around 20 minutes in a too hot crowded waiting area sharing a table with complete strangers.
The food took a while to arrive. The quality was OK - not amazing but average. The service was slow, especially when we asked for the bill - in the end we gave up waiting and went to the desk to pay. And ANOTHER compulsory 10% service charge? What is it with restaurants in Bath? The service did not deserve a 10% tip. There seemed to be lots of staff members but I don't think we saw the same waiter twice.
They had some 'ambient' music playing in the background but it was so quiet I initially though I was listening to someone playing music through headphones, and once I had tuned into it was really distracting and hard to ignore.
It was a disappointment after the two previous visits to the Rajpoot, but I don't think I will eat there again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“Lovely food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I had a meal at Rajpoot last week and enjoyed it immensely. All fresh ingredients used which make all the difference. I am happy to recommend this restaurant. My only minor gripe was after we finished our meal we had to wait quite a while before we could get a waiter's attention for the bill. Food is lovely so you won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Fascinating layout, lovely meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

A single doorway leading to two flights of stairs (down!) might not seem like an auspicious start to an evening meal, but it is well worth it. Built into the basement, and spilt into several differently decorated eating areas, this will be a definite must on my next, and subsequent, visit to Bath.

The food was delicious, with courteous and attentive staff, making it a thoroughly enjoyable dining experience.

Visited January 2013
“Better than the ranking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I am surprised by the comments. Have visited Rajpoot on last two visits to Bath and both times have been really, really impressed with the food. really authentic tastes, excellent variety in the menu and great flavours. I can understand the comments on service as the restaurants home in the basement means there are a lot of separate rooms so some must get lost! We got great service though both times. I will be back next time I am in Bath!