“Weekend stay in Bath” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Weston Lawn

and 1 more site!
You added Weston Lawn to your Saves list
Weston Lawn
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Lucklands Road | Weston, Bath BA1 4AY, England   |
Ranked #105 of 193 Bath B&B and Inns
Middlesborough, null, United Kingdom
“Weekend stay in Bath”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed in the cottage at Weston Lawn with Bed and Breakfast provided. We had a super weekend, the cottage was lovely and would consider booking it for self catering rates. Judith was very accommodating as so was the lovely cat!. Would reccommend it to anyone wishing to stay close to the centre of Bath as this is in easy walk of the town centre and attractions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

On a cycling trip from London to Gloucester Bath was my next destination using Route 4 of Sustrans National Cycleway routes. I underestimated the overall journey time and found myself at Bradford on Avon in the pouring rain with some way to go. I rang my host to give a revised ETA and William kindly volunteered to cycle and meet me on route to bring me in to Weston Lawn. This he duly did and I was very grateful indeed for his support. As I was so late they provided a most welcome supper and saw me away the following day with a good breakfast. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was the last stage of our trek across the Cotswold was as we finally arrived at bath. We were somewhat put off by the lack of flexibility around arrival time and did accurately predict that hospitality was not the warmest at this B&B. The room was pleasant with a good bathroom and everything was very clean We were given their son's room and it was unsettling to sleep surrounded by his belongings and photos. Although this was the most expensive B&B we stayed in only a continental breakfast was offered though we were promised that this would be substantial. This was not the case. Breakfast was meager - Lidl's best cereal, very little toast and though croissants were offered we had to ask twice before any were produced and then only one each with no offer of any more. The lady of the house began clearing the table while we were still eating giving us a clear hint that we had eaten enough and were to leave. We were happy to oblige and would not rush back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Had the most fantastic weekend at Weston Lawn. We stayed in the cottage, which was cosy, clean and very comfortable. Fiona and William were the perfect hosts and served a great breakfast. Great value for money, we will definitely be going back!

• Stayed June 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Weston Lawn was an absolutely fabulous place to stay during the Early May Bank holiday. My two friends and I stayed in the cottage for two nights and loved it. William and Fiona were always very welcoming and nothing was too much for them. My friend is a coeliac and they arranged an alternative breakfast for her at no extra cost. The property is beautiful and the animals are too! Good location as well. We hope to be back again soon :)

• Stayed May 2012
Reading
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

The location is good - about a half hour walk into Bath, with free on-site (off road) parking. The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable, with a nice bathroom. Its not the most welcoming B&B - we never felt particularly comfortable, and the owners seem to be a little rigid about times (arrival time, locking the door at night, pre-arranging breakfast time, check-out time etc).

That said, it was more than adequate for our needs - we were able to let ourselves in when we got back late. Breakfast is continental (or a charge for a cooked breakfast), which was fine. Not sure about the cat wandering around the dining room though, and wanting to sit on the laps of guests whilst they are eating.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
WilliamClose, Owner at Weston Lawn, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
We are pleased that overall our guests enjoyed their time at Weston Lawn but have noted the comments about us being a bit rigid on 'times'. As I mentioned on an earlier review my wife and I try to manage our own time alongside our guests' time but perhaps we need to soften our approach. Our very friendly cat can be a problem and we appreciate that not all guests like to have a pet in the dining room.
Cinderford, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

The house looked pleasant but the gentleman who received us offered rather cold hospitality - a set of rules and regs more or less. It's a place run for the convenience of the owners rather than the guests, with only two hours during the evening in which you are allowed to check in - 5pm till 7pm. Rather expensive use of a room for such a few hours if you stay one night. The room was very cold - we mentioned this at breakfast but our comment was brushed away with reference to the weather. There was a heated towel rail in the room but it was not controllable from the bedroom - presumably the owner controls the master central heating and deemed October was not the time for it to be turned on! It's the first place we've stayed in B&B where you pay extra for the cooked breakfast - not what I expect and seemed quite a rip off to have to do so. We went to pay at 10am and were asked if we were leaving then as it was 10am check out - they couldn't get rid of us fast enough it felt. Finally, the cat on the table at breakfast time - licking the butter - was enough to ensure we won't rebook. A shame as we are regular visitors to Bath and were looking for somewhere we could return to repeatedly.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
WilliamClose, Owner at Weston Lawn, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
I am very sorry that our guests did not enjoy their time with us and that they found my manner discourteous. I am now more relaxed about asking guests what time they would like breakfast, just pointing out that I do need to know before I go to bed.
The cat's behaviour was inexcusable and since reading this review it has been trained not to go on the dining room table. Although many guests do not mind our very friendly cat coming into the dining room, other guests quite understandably do not like it.
Again we are very sorry that the guests found their room cold. If the guests had informed us at the time, we could have put the central heating on and / or given them an electric radiator. It was the time of year when temperatures were changing rapidly and I guess we were slow in reacting.
Regarding the other points of complaint, I must point out that our guests are always made aware when they book that we charge extra for cooked breakfast. Also, that the checking in time is between 5.00 pm and 7.00 pm. Just my wife and I run Weston Lawn and we do have to manage our own time as well as our guests. For the same reason we make it clear on our welcome note that check out is by 10.00 am in the morning. I am sorry that our guests clearly felt rushed by these 'rules'.

Been to Weston Lawn? Share your experiences!