“Lunchtime find!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lunchtime find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

never thought of eating here until we got caught in a deluge of rain! Staff are fantastic nothing too much trouble and the portion sizes are great especially for my 16 year old grandson who has hollow legs! Always been put off by the end of work day regulars who clutter up the outside space - but for lunchtime believe me there is nowhere to touch them locally!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Weton-Super-Mare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have eaten here on several occassions and the food is amazing, fresh, tasty and very generous portions. The carvery is amazing and very reasonable. I have no hesitation in recommendimg the Radstock Hotel for delicious dining, large portions and reasonable prices. The staff are very friendly nothing is too much trouble.. I recommend you try it out..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Walking in to the Radstock I have to admit it was not what I was expecting. It was a pub and looked dated. However, we checked in and the landlady was very welcoming. She showed us to our room, on the top floor which was newly decorated and had double windows to prevent noise from the road. This was more like it. I have read that the new owners are doing it up when they can and have to say what they have started is great. As for food, it was lovely good honest pub food exactly as you would want it and at a good price too. I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were all lovely and I wish them all the best. I'd definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We booked this hotel for its price and location (we wanted somewhere with easy parking on our way from Bath to Cornwall), and we were pleasantly surprised! The pub itself is charming in an "I've-just-walked-into-a-British-soap-opera" sort of way; it's obviously the local hangout. Nothing special, but entertaining to sit and have a pint people-watching! Despite being busy when we arrived in the evening, there was no noise from the pub during the night.

We only stayed for one night, and we were happy to see that the room was quite lovely. It was charming and comfortable, and I had absolutely no complaints. Breakfast was great; there was a nice spread of juice, cereal, and fruit salad while we waited for our hot food. The town of Radstock is adorable, and I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago to attend a friend's party nearby. Main reason for choosing it was it was cheap (in an area full of expensive places to stay) and we got what we paid for! On the plus side, it's clean. But it's not a hotel, or "a coaching inn" - it's a bog-standard pub set right on a very, very busy and noisy main road. All the rooms bar one seem to be at the front - i.e overlooking said road - and it only has old-fashioned sash windows, so noise insulation whatsoever. Our room was pretty small - don't know if all of them are the same - and very old-fashioned in decor, albeit clean, as I said. The breakfast room and offering dated from the 70s. Individual boxes of cereal, no pastries or breads or fruit, fried breakfast swimming in grease. I was very glad I was only staying one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We loved this pub! Although it is on a main road ( which is very busy in the morning), this was its only (slight!) drawback. There is plenty of off-road parking, so we just parked the car for our two day stay and caught the bus into Bath! (The bus stop is ver close). All the staff were very friendly, the meals were delicious and servings were huge, and the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

As per previous reviews, we were a little underwhelmed when we first arrived at the pub which is very dated and a little groggy. The rooms thankfully were recently refurbished and clean. The staff very accommodating and friendly. The food was descent, typical pub style food and generous portions. The breakfast was also very good. I found the bed mattress not very comfortable and was slightly sinking towards the edge, solved by switching places with my partner. Otherwise a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Only two of the rooms in our group were the recently refurbished ones,you may want to ask for their...