“Ticks all the boxes!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dene Villa

Dene Villa
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
5 Newbridge Hill, Bath BA1 3PW, England   |
Ranked #91 of 187 Bath B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Ticks all the boxes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

Dene Villa is about a (straight) 20 minute walk into the heart of Bath. Decorated in an old English style, its situated on a relatively quiet street. The hosts were very friendly and were quite happy to talk about just about everything. I stayed in a single room which was nice and clean but a bit cramped. There certainly wasn't much space when the bed, wardrobe, en-suite, tea-coffee making facilites and tv are all taken into account. As I was taking part in a half-marathon later that morning, I had to decline the full-English breakfast which looked a little bit small in portion, if I'm honest. A small selection of cereals was the alternative. At a price of £30 for b&b in an en-suite room, it represents very good value for money in comparison to the vast majority of similar category guesthouses that I had priced in and around Bath.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2007

This is an okay place to stay in Bath. It is about a 20 minute walk from the town center- buses run frequently, but my wife and I chose to walk. Walking back to the hotel after dark was fine for us since I'm a big guy, but I can see how single women may not want to do this walk at night (especially through the park).

As for the hotel itself, the host was not present when we arrived, so we had to just park and walk around for 45 minutes or so until he returned. Once the host returned, he was friendly and helpful. The room had two beds and some chairs, so it was very crowded and tough to find a place to set my suitcase. I think the host noticed we were crowded because he kindly moved on of the chairs out of our room without our asking him, which was appreciated. Cleanliness was in the lower 1/4 of the eight B&Bs I stayed in on this trip around England. There was nothing disgusting in the room, but everything felt a little run down and old (also slightly smelled like cigarette smoke).

This B&B served its purpose as a place to sleep, but don't expect any luxury.

Stayed November 2006
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2006

We decided to come to Bath for the weekend, and we choose Dene Villa because of it's web-page, it looked beautiful. When we got there, the hosts were extremly friendly and helpful.

The rooms were of excellent quality and the power shower was great.

It is 15-20 mins walk from the city centre, there is a nice park to walk through.

I have recommended my friends stay here when they visit Bath.
I would definitely return to Dene Villa again.

Thanks again Josie and Brian for your hospitality.

• Liked — The cleanliness of the rooms
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2006

The hosts were nice enough & offered a typical English breakfast, however we found our room somewhat shabby. A tear or 2 in the bedding & the toilet didn't flush properly. They'd crammed a queen size bed & a single bed into a room that would have been better with just the one bed.

Location not too bad - about 15 minutes walk from city centre.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

This bed and breakfast is a great value. The Dene Villa is located in a nice neighborhood on the outskirts of town, within walking distance of Victoria Park, the Royal Crescent, and the Circus. Other tourist attractions, such as the Abbey, Roman Baths, and Pulteney Bridge/Gardens, are just a few minutes away by bus or car. The well-decorated room was small, but very clean, and contained a TV, an electric fan, and a hair dryer. Owners Brian and Josie were wonderful hosts, and the breakfast was first-rate. For such great service at an incredibly low price in Bath, this bed and breakfast is highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2006
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2006

We stayed here right after Christmas. We picked them because they had the cheapest rate for a single, and my husband's brother was with us. Brian also gave us great directions for getting there, since we got lost driving in. Both of the rooms were quaintly decorated. We had a power shower, which I really appreciated. Brian's wife was unavailable when we stayed, but Brian made a good breakfast for us each morning. We never walked to town, just took the bus, which is about a 2 minute walk and a 5-10 minute ride, very cheap. There's an indian restaurant very close to the bed and breakfast with good tandori chicken, but skip the desserts.

• Stayed December 2005
Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2005

I stayed this guest house in the end of August with my 13 year old daughter. It was very hard to find a good place to stay for only one night in weekends in summer. Many other B&B said they couldn't have us as we needed an accommodation just on Friday.

Although we have to walk for about 10-15 minutes to get to town centre from Dene Villa, we were so happy to stay in this peaceful and colm area especially in the night. We got a very good sleep.

The owner and his wife were reallykind and friendly. We enjoyed staying with them, and would love to stay more if it was possible.

We have recommended this guest house to my friends, and I am so glad that one of them has alredy booked and visit them soon!

When I visit Bath next time, I off cource will stay at Dene Villa again for some days.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Dene Villa? Share your experiences!