“Fantastic pizza!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Fantastic pizza!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I visited the stable last weekend having been recommended to me a few times lately by friends. I was extremely impressed as soon as I went down the stairs. The atmosphere was buzzing the staff were all cheerful and very helpful and don't get me started on the pizza! I had the "lamb roast" pizza which was AMAZING!! Also the resteraunt has a couple of ciders.. By a couple I think the barman told me there was around 80 ciders. What was great about this is that the barman then asked what cider I thought I might like and gave me a few tastes of some ciders until I found one that I really loved!

Overall I had a great experience and by the looks of the other diners, everyone looked like they were having a great time. I can't wait to pay another visit this weekend!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I may try this place again as we did go when it had very recently opened so they may have been experiencing teething problems.
It took ages to get served at the bar to order food & drinks as there were only 2 members of staff serving lots of customers. They also served people who went over after us, which was annoying, as there's no queue. When I mentioned this to the member of staff they didn't seem bothered. The cider menu was massive but they hardly had any available on my visit .
The pizzas were ok but sadly no better than is offered at pizza express, the pies looked nice but were quite small.
The decor inside is lovely though, especially the open fire. I guess it could be a good place for a large group as there's no arguing over the bill!

Bath, United Kingdom
“Great new spot in Bath”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Such a beautiful venue, with a lovely open fire which makes the atmosphere so welcoming and cosy. The food is excellent and very reasonably priced. Fresh and local ingredients with each pizza offering something a little different to the standard boring pizzas. Staff were incredibly helpful and convincing, especially as I was not the biggest cider fan, however with so many to choose from, I eventually found many ciders which I loved. Its also nice to know that the ciders are from local areas as it gives it a more personal touch. The cider tasting board is a fun and clever idea, tasting 5 different drinks for only around £7!
There isn't table service, which whilst some people grumble about, it actually makes the atmosphere so much more relaxed and friendly. Plus by going up to the bar you get the 'hands on' approach, being able to taste different drinks so that you can have the perfect one, rather than reading off a menu. Who doesn't like trying before you buy?
Perfect venue for a meal or just drinks with friends, family or couples.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Really, really dissappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I work in Weymouth and so often eat in the Stable there, so was delighted to find the new branch opening in Bath, where I live.
Unfortunately the great experience and high standards that I was expecting were a long way off, despite the great setting and fit-out.
The bar are , where food and drink are ordered is really small and at peak times with only 2 people serving it took far too long to get served. As we queued up for drinks 3 times and food this wore very thin.
We ordered 3 pizzas, and when the food arrived it was going cold and dry, and only 2 arrived. No explaination was given, so I went to the kitchen to be told the missing pizza had gone to another table.. After another long wait, by which time we had had enough of the first two, the 3rd pizza arrived with no apology.
When the table was eventually cleared there was a Sorry about the Confusion, but Bath is a very competitive city foodwise and this wasnt good enough to make me want go back.
A very poor experience compared to that in Weymouth!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Cider fans this is a must”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

After the long awaited change in bath the stables took over and I was very delighted this had happen, staffs knowledge on cider are incredible and if your stuck for a choice they offer a stick of 5 different ones for you to try for around £7ish which is good value, pizza are well cooked and the price is very good, I came back 2 days in a row just to try more cider . This is a must if your into proper ! Cider

• Visited October 2013