“Lovely pub” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #187 of 465 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Brew Pub, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This pub in bath has something for everyone. Of course there's our fantastic Brewery, huge Main Bar with carefully chosen local and international Craft and Cask Beers, Open Kitchen with Charcoal Spit, Smokehouse for curing and smoking anything we can think of, huge Sun-trap Garden with an outside Bar and BBQ, and a Private room upstairs with a Bar and Live SKY Sports. With all this, surely it makes us the best pub in bath! So whether you are wanting a quiet pint with the paper, or a function with 100 people, we've got you covered!
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Quirky seating and a lovely outdoors area.

Great selection of beers, ales and lagers and a great atmosphere. I had a quarter chicken and salad, which was nothing to really write home about. Salad portion was large and served in a jar - difficult to eat out of and the plate my chicken was served on was tiny. Did not make for elegant dining! But my partner had an amazing looking hot dog. I don't think I've ever seen such glee on his face before when it arrived.

Overall a nice, interesting lunch spot.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bath, United Kingdom
“Great dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Visited bath brew house last night for the first time for my birthday. We opted for the smoked meat sharing board to start as recommended by our waitress. A varied selection of meats and cheeses with different marinades and dips, delicious. My daughters and I had the ostrich steak while my husband had the gigantic gladiator burger which looked amazing, if not too indulgent. The dessert menu had interesting ideas - dr pepper choc cake, although we were far too full to give it a go. After reading previous posts about poor service I was slightly skeptical however this definitely wasn't the case for us. The restaurant was full (definitely worth booking beforehand) and none of our party could fault. We were served by a lovely Scottish lady who had impeccable customer service, very relaxed and friendly whilst being very prompt and keen to offer suggestions. She even went with my husband to the bar area to allow him to try a selection of the beers before he decided, something I have never experienced elsewhere. After our meal we moved outside to the garden area for some drinks where my husband and daughters enjoyed playing on the table tennis table. A great find, will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bath_Somerset
“Disappointing service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We took 4 visiting research colleagues for dinner, having been ourselves many times for drinks and meals since this innovative venue opened in 2013. All was good until our order for main courses failed to arrive after about a 50 minute wait. The restaurant was busy but other tables seemed to be served before us. Our waitress then asked us if we had enjoyed our meal and we told her that we were still waiting for our mains to arrive. She then checked with the kitchen and immediately offered us a complimentary drink as it appeared our order had been overlooked.
We have recommended this new bar to friends as the beer is excellent although rather pricey but don't expect slick service especially if you are pushed for time.

Visited July 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“good food rubbish service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Went there on a Friday lunchtime. Did not seem too busy. I quite like the interior and the open plan kitchen thing. I suppose they are going for a trendy/authentic/rustic/hip look. Food and drink (and the bill) is served in 'interesting' containers (bits of wood, enameled trays). The pint pot is alive and well. Got a beer from the bar and asked to be seated in the restaurant area.

Waited too long for someone to take our order; then too long for someone to bring us a small starter/snack; and then too long for our main course. It took 1.5 hours from being seated to starting our main. To me it looked like they had some problem like being short staffed or a kitchen mistake, in any case we appeared to have slipped off the system somewhere. After pointing out that other tables who had arrived half an hour after us were almost finished while we had barely started, we got an apology in the special tone of an employee of the service sector who is really trying hard to hide the fact that they are not that bothered.

We had a scotch egg that was pretty good if a little too salty. Then we had chicken which is the 'signature dish'. The chicken was good, not as good as other rotisserie type places e.g. firehouse, but for the money, not too bad at all. The chips were nice.

The beer is a little hit and miss for me. I wasn't that taken by one (Emperor?) but the other was good (3 daggers?) and I'd like more of that.

I'd be more than happy to go for a pint another day, not sure about food. The service thing was probably just a bad day for them, but it put me off eating there again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good food and friendly service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've been here a few times, and always had an amazing time! The first meal I had- tempera avocado burger was a really unusual veggie dish and tasted lush, and the second time when we had the chicken wings were also spicy and moist. The staff in there are really friendly, and I liked the presentation of food- teacups and enamel were really sweet. I've also hired the private room for a hen do, and the food platters they served were again delicious with some unusual touches. They made us really welcome, and it resulted in a really special party for my mate!

• Visited April 2014