“Faultless juicy burger” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Faultless juicy burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

As always, I took my lead from TripAdvisor and was not disappointed.

Opposite the Holiday Inn, Bath, makes this place 2 minutes from hotel to bar. And what a great bar it is. The staff were good company, had a good chat to the owner, can only tell you that they are Greek. And draft Budvar is not a bad start.

But they sure make a stonking good burgers. Not too big, freshly made and juicy. Perfectly cooked with blue cheese, mushrooms and red onions.

This is a tiny place, but great value for a quality burger, non of that dried up grey rubbish that you see at larger chain burger houses.

Highly recommended for a burger night.

• Arabic first
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Not usually a burger fan, but this was excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

In Bath for a training course, I saw this place opposite my hotel (Holiday Inn) and thought I'd have a look. It is the best decision I've made in a long while.

I had a very good pint of Budvar while I looked at the menu and watched the World Cup football on the TV. I decided to order their classic burger, and I can honestly say it's the best burger I've ever had. The burger itself was cooked to perfection, and with the bread, sauce and salad it was fantastic. The chips were homemade and complemented the burger perfectly - crispy and with a sprinkling of herbs and salt that enhanced the flavour. I don't usually like burgers, which only adds to my great impression of the food.

The atmosphere was cosy and friendly, and the price was very very reasonable for such great food, drinks and service. I'll certainly come here again if I'm ever in Bath, and would definitely recommend it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Amazingly friendly and deli-mucho-licious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The food is amazing although the place is a bit squeezy if you go with one or two people this place is very intimate, but perhaps not for a large group. The buckets of salad and chip go well with the tasty and well prepared burger. The price you pay for is good value for money. Definitely a go for budget traveller who wants to find indulgence for dinner, go with a pint of ale or cider! amazinG!

Visited July 2014
UK
“Not what we expected after seeing trip advisor reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We came to this restaurant on Saturday night. I ordered the Django burger with chips that had cheese & jalapeños on them & my husband had a burger that had the egg on top with spicy chicken chips.

We had to wait over 30 minutes for our food to come out so we thought it would be cooked to a decent standard. My Django burger was quite decent, I would have given it 4 out of 5. My chips were over cooked, very very dry & I couldn't eat them. I asked one of the chaps for Mayo & never received this with my meal. My husbands burger was over cooked & dry. The egg was rock solid & his chips were over cooked also. He was hungry so just about managed to eat them.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Burgersnbarrels, General Manager at Burgers and Barrels, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
' Dear Ark82, thank you for choosing our unique business for your Saturday evening to experience our food, entertainment and service with us here at Burgers and Barrels. Indeed our rave reviews and repeat visits have made our Friday, Saturdays and Sundays a very busy evening indeed!!
The Angus burger patties are created on site daily to our unique recipe by our passionate chefs. The burgers are chunky and hence rewardingly moist! This provides our guests with a premium quality product which naturally takes time for our chefs to cook.
Indeed we do not intend to prepare fast food, but we do intend to prepare great food!
If 30 minutes from point of order to receiving your burger is an unacceptable wait for a high quality product, then I apologise that we have failed to market effectively our unique selling point from that of our well known fast food chain peers.
With regards your valued opinion on our offering that you received that night, how disappointed we did not make you 100% satisfied nor that you did not allow us the opportunity to make amends by highlighting this to us at the time.

''If you are not 100% satisfied, then please tell us, if you are then please tell your friends!''.

Kind regards,

Rony and the team......
Bath
“Best burgers in whole of BATH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This great little place is is well worth a visit and the service and food outstanding value Great menu very cleverly done .Ahmed is extremely friendly & professional who owns the place..Downstair area very snug with excellent music in the background & a cute little outside seating area.If it does so well in this location imagine how well they would do in say St Margarets buildings !.
Highly recommended & a concept Bath has been crying out for in our view.We shall return soon.

• Visited June 2014