“Great pizzas and friendly atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 436 restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Italian, Pizza, Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Street Food
Description: Bath Good Food Awards 2013 - "Best Newcomer".In Naples, 'Yammo!' means 'Let's go...' That's what made it the perfect name for our first family-run diner. Inspired by Neapolitan roots and our shared love of everything Italian, we started Yammo! with one simple aim: to offer great-tasting Napolitan street-style food and Italian favourites to eat-in, or take away. Don't expect to see fancy restaurant decor here, in true Napolitan style simplicity rules! Do expect Neapolitan-style hospitality and an informal, friendly atmosphere where the food is always the star of the show! We source the best local ingredients and everything on our menu is lovingly prepared by us, right here on the premises. We can't wait to see you, and we hope that you enjoy our food as much as we do! Ci vediamo presto! Dani & Ellen
bath
“Great pizzas and friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Really impressed by great tasting pizzas - very Italian, a real step up from the pizza chains -friendly enthusiastic staff who could even tell you how to eat a pizza Napoli-style! We had 2 types of sausage pizza recommended by the Italian owner which were both great. Our kids have voted it their best pizza place in Bath -we will be back and bringing friends.

92% Recommend
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Incredible authentic Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We dined tonight at Yammo, having read good reviews on Tripadvisor. We certainly were not disappointed. We received a very warm welcome and the waitress was very good with her recommendations, she helped us make very good choices. We started with the Fritto Misto, everything was absolutely delicious, (personal favourite was the Bolognese Arancini) you get a huge portion, really good value for money. This was followed by pizzas, which were the best I have eaten in England. And if you end up as full as I did, they will kindly box up the remains for you to take home. Unfortunately I couldn't manage a dessert!! The biggest credit to Yammo is Danny, the host. He is friendly and welcoming and so passionate about all the fantastic food. It really is refreshing to see, compared to all the Italian chains flooding the country.
Thank you for and enjoyable evening, we will not hesitate to return when we are next in Bath.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Terrible Takeaway”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Having looked online at the menu for Yammo and read a number of reviews we decided to order a takeaway. Unfortunately when the order arrived the drink we ordered was missing, apparently it wasn't on the bill so we didn't complain too much. We then tried to pay with cash (as we had stated we would on the phone) to be told by the delivery driver he had no cash and would have to go and get us some change. In the meantime we opened the rather dishevelled pizza box to find a stone cold pizza with a disappointing amount of pepperoni on it, the chips were also cold and soggy due to being only in a paper bag! We called the shop and asked for another pizza, another portion of chips and the coke we had originally ordered. When the delivery man returned again there was no coke, this time the pizza was a little warmer and the chips were fine however, the pizza had even less pepperoni on and it seems they must be running low on tomato as there was nearly no tomato sauce, leaving the pizza looking rather strange it tasted pretty bad too! Not a good experience, needless to say we won't be back!!!

elenezbath, Owner at Yammo! Neapolitan Street Food Kitchen & Cocktail Bar, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hi - we are truly sorry about the mess up with your delivery last night, we have spoken already with our delivery driver about this as obviously mess ups like this should never happen. However you havn't mentioned that we did do everything in our powers to make things right with you. My husband drove to your house personally with a double portion of tiramisu, two cans of coke (one free) and an invitation to come to the restaurant and enjoy a pizza on us! It's a great shame for us that our delivery driver messed up so badly with your order and gave you the feeling to write us a 'one star' review, we totally understand how irritating it is when you're looking forward to a food delivery that goes wrong, this is why my husband came to see you personally. I hope that this in some way helped to make up for it, and our invitation to come and enjoy one of our authentic Neapolitan style pizzas in the restaurant still stands!
Bath, United Kingdom
“Napoli pride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Utterly delicious pizza. Also one time I suggested a veggie cheese in order to make four or five of their dishes suddenly available. Pastas etc. I return a week later to find they've done just that. Superb service, and I'm dining there tonight.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Grazie mille! really glad you're enjoying our pizzas!
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Bad takeaway”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Me and my friend decided to try Yammo! a few weeks ago as an end of term treat. Sadly, we had a bad experience from start to finish. A disastrous ordering experience meant that we received our food nearly two hours after ordering due to their phone-line going down, which was puzzling seeing as the line cut out after I had given the restaurant my payment details and address. To the restaurant's credit, the lady I spoke to on the phone was lovely, and obviously I'm not marking down this restaurant based on this mishap. It's due to the fact that the quality of some of the food we received wasn't amazing.

Whilst the "Italian job" burger I had was nice enough, the quality of the chicken burger my friend received led her to comment that she might as well have ordered from KFC. We also ordered the misto frito platter for two, but ended up wishing we hadn't. It contained five or six greasy, congealed and stodgy items...a very small portion considering that this was for two people to share and cost £12.95! In particular the potato croquettes were indistinguishable from the freezer ones you can buy in the supermarket, which is a shame as it should have been really nice and authentic. Overall, I really didn't think that the food was worth the money we paid for it.

This is all based on one bad take-away, and if you went to the restaurant you would probably have a better time. However, this experience hasn't inspired me to visit.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hi - sorry about the problems with the phone lines when you called, we didn't have your number by then and we were extremely busy, had the lines not gone down we would have been able to give you the expected delivery time. I glad you liked the burger, our chicken burger, however couldn't be further away from that which is offered by KFC, I've never tried a KFC myself, however I do know that our chicken is free-range and fully traceable from local farms, we use Walter Rose and sons the same butcher as the fantastic Menu Gordon Jones and Sotto Sotto, featuring number 1 and 2 here on tripadvisor, and our buns come from the Artisan Bertinet Bakery, the mayonnaise and coleslaw are homemade from free range eggs and locally grown organic vegetables. I'm sorry that your friend compared it to a KFC but with incredible local produce such as this, cooked by our chefs, I'm unable to understand how she drew this conclusion. Our croquettes are prepared fresh in house, the only items you'll find in our freezer is gelato, limoncello and ice! I'm sorry the phone lines went down - that must have been frustrating for you.