“Expectations” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
“Expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Me and my partner were very excited to be going out for a meal yet disappointed with the food.
Its nice food just not enough of it shame when it could be so much better. Prices are what you might expect but don't expected big meals!
Service was great but not really value for money.
I had a wrap with chips disappointing to say the least and my partner had a steak sandwich with chips but it was what is was nothing special.

• Visited November 2013

Bath, United Kingdom
“Go to Nando's instead...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The drinks were probably the only good thing about the meal. After having sat down, it was about quarter of an hour before anyone came to take any orders. The waitress was pretty big on 'up selling', something I'd expect from a cold caller or perhaps even a phone shop, but not so much a restaurant. We ordered drinks for 6 of us and these arrived about 10mins after our initial order which wasn't too bad.

However, after ordering starters we waited around 25 mins only to be presented with little more than 3 very small dishes of defrosted starters. Now, if you've ever been to a Pizza Express, Ask Italian or other restaurants similar you would probably know what to expect if you ordered some dough balls. Well, it seems at F&B's when you ask for 'Warm Garlic Dough Balls' they serve grease-soaked balls of sponge that you are then glaze in a liquid garlic butter dip. At this point I was wondering what I'd really let myself in for.

About 20 minutes after we'd finished our starters the waitress came out again and asked what we wanted for our main course. I decided on a Cajun Chicken pasta bake as I thought that this simply didn't have the scope to be as bad as the starters were. The waitress then left with our orders also leaving behind the dishes for our starters. When the main meals arrived some time later, there wasn't enough space on the table for the food to be served as the dishes from the starter were taking up a lot of space. Although a small issue, it was one amongst many that left me feeling less than full with a bitter aftertaste. Alongside the meal, a condiments tray was also put on the table, the tray itself was dirty and didn't look clean enough to be positioned several inches from my food. Whilst I was able to begin eating, friends who had ordered other things needed 4 separate dinner plates which we asked for at the time of being served. 10 mins on and we still had no plates so one of my friends went in to get plates. He returned within 30 seconds with the 4 dinner plates so we could all now eat. About 10 mins later, the waitress turned up again with a tray containing only 2 side dish plates (A bit larger than a saucer). As for my Cajun Chicken pasta bake... well, to start, the peppers and onions were all still raw, the chicken was tough and overcooked, the pasta was undercooked and only warm and as for the 'Cajun' part of the meal, well, this was simply non existent. I may have well had just ordered a mildly cheesy chicken pasta bake. And how much were they going to charge me for this? £10.75. Now, if I'd paid £2 for this, I would have still been very disappointed and complained. I could tell that the ingredients used weren't particularly fresh and sourced locally...

Having had enough, I asked the waitress if I could speak to the manager. It was then about 10 mins before she came out to see us. I explained all the issues I had and she offered to give 25% off the total bill. Now, I wasn't even able to finish my meal so there was no way I was intending to pay 75% of the cost of my main meal. So after going into more detail about problems we had she took the price of my meal off the bill and then the 25% off. I then only paid for my drink and starter which came to £6. Even now I still feel that money would have been better spent somewhere else. And as for the atmosphere, well it was about as special as waiting for test results at the doctors.

They don't deserve your money, go to Nando's instead.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Utterly disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

End of hol treat for myself and 2 of our daughters. 1 meal inedible, 1 tepid so only pasta edible meat not worth touching. Other daughters pizza was good but ended up helping feed other one as she was left with no lunch and very upset. Food for myself and 1 daughter was taken off bill but didnt help my hungry girl or her disappointment. Utterly dismal for the guy serving us who was very helpful but was serving whole restaurant singlehandedly so no wonder mine was cold as we watched it still ready for nearly 5 mins before he had time to serve it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bath, UK
“The waiting game...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

After taking our two young children to the cinema we decided to round the day off by going for food, we had decided on Pizza Hut, but on exiting the cinema and seeing Frankie and Benny's we decided to try something a bit different.

We looked at the menu and waited to be seated but no one came, so we sat in the 'outdoor' seating area, only to be suddenly confronted my a male member of staff (manager) who quite abruptly told us these seats were reserved and we had to move. I asked where he would like us to go and he just said 'anywhere else'. It was quite rude and had we not had the kids with us we would have just left - but they were excited about eating here.

We sat down and about 15 minutes later our drinks order was taken and 10 minutes after that the food order taken too.

The food took ages to arrive, I don't always mind waiting but when you have children it's a different story. As far as I could see there was only one other group there and they were already eating so I'm not sure why it took so long.

We ordered dessert and again this took so long that I had to leave and run to the car to buy another ticket, when I returned our desserts STILL hadn't arrived.

When we finally finished - we had to ask twice for the bill and it still took them over 20 minutes to bring it.

We spent over 2 hours here, most of it waiting.

Aside from the waiting (God knows what it must be like when it's actually busy!) the food was OK, but really nothing special, the service apart from the slowness was polite and friendly apart from our initial encounter with the manager.

I think they need to look at their portion sizes on their kids meals. I was a little horrified that the 'kids' pizza my 5 yr old ordered was basically an adult sized one. You could say it's good value - but it ended up not getting eaten, it's such a waste and sends out a poor message.

Overall, we were very disappointed and feel we'd have had a better experience at McDonalds! we were not greeted when we arrived ( a pet hate of mine) and the waiting times were atrocious considering the place was virtually empty.
Won't be back unless we have no other choice!

• Visited July 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“NOT WORTH THE WAIT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Where do i start...

We waited half and hour before we could place an order for drinks, and once this was placed we had to wait another 20 minutes for them to arrive.

After we had our drinks we had to wait another half hour before our food order was taken on a quite lunch time in bath, we made 7 order many of which were the same by the time our food arrived we were waiting well over an hour.

The food is simple however enjoyable for the price of only £5.95 per head at lunch time which is rather reasonable for freshly cooked food however it is not worth the wait. The waitress didn't seem to care about good service nor did she smile the entire time we were there.

Asking a simple question "how long will this take" we got a very simple and untrue reply "2 seconds" The staff just simple couldn't cope on this quite day with under 20 people in the restaurant during lunch.

when we asked for the bill that arrived within a matter of seconds, some people wished to pay by bank card and the waitress couldn't figure out how much each person owed, therefore we had to work this out ourselves when i am sure that is her job when entering the amount in to the till not ours. The pin pas was passed to me with a blank screen it did not state the value to pay i was required to enter this myself.

To be fair i also felt sorry for the waitress who was heavily pregnant and had to deal with lots of stress due to poor management and clear lack of training.