“Delicious veggie food right in the heart of Bath” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 436 restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Description: We are an award winning independent vegetarian restaurant in the heart of Bath. Our aim is to provide excellent informal food at a reasonable price. We are fully licensed and have an extensive menu with many vegan and gluten free options.
Hebden Bridge, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious veggie food right in the heart of Bath”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We came across this cafe almost vy accident and loved it. Delicious, different food with interesting flavours and healthy choices as well as lots of sticky cakes. I had a mezze platter which was really well done with tasty dressings on the salad, home-made flat bread, delicious houmous, pate and taboulleh. My wife's vegan and there was loads of choice for her too - she recommends the tofu. Everyday choices like soup and cheese sandwiches too. Veggie food that would please any meat-eater as well as being great for veggies, vegans and coeliacs.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
Bristol, England
“Immensely Satisfying”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

As a veggie and aspiring vegan, It is just immensely satisfying to be able to order nearly everything on the menu
The food when it came was also satisying, a major fault with many veggie places I have been, is that the food is either messed arpound with to an extraordinary degree, or just comes in too small a portion to fill anything other than a mouse up!
It was also a nice venue, with helpful friendly staff
And not overpriced!
Cant wait till they start doinjg evening meals as well
I will be getting on the train to Bath just to come here
N.B my non veggie friend thought it was great too

• Visited September 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Vegetarian Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Being a Groupon fan since moving to Bath we have found we visit cafes and restaurants we would never have known about and what a great surprise The Green Rocket Cafe was. Rustic surrounds, clean and bright we were welcomed by two nice young lads. The deal was vegetarian breakfast ( neither of us are vegetarian) but what a delight!
The meal shone from the plate with the bright colours of the food, well cooked and inviting! Hot and not a long wait! The rest of the menu looked great and would defiantly come back to sample the menu. We do live the other side of town,the location is about ten mins. from the station but well worth the walk. Vegetarian restaurants I always feel are over priced since your not getting your piece of meat!!! but I must say the quality was superb......oh and the home made brown sauce was to die for !!!!!!

North Vancouver, Canada
“Gluten Free AND Vegetarian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I knew that I'd be in Bath around lunch time while I was on a day-long tour out of London, so had researched the internet and knew of Green Rocket Cafe's existence, but experience is another thing entirely. Another single traveller joined me for lunch and upon learning that she was a vegetarian (I'm Celiac), I thought that both of our dietary requirements might be a tall order for a small cafe, but we were thrilled to look at the menu and discover that approximately 95% (maybe more) of the menu was vegetarian and/or gluten free!

Our server was very polite and helpful and made a couple of recommendations. We were NOT disappointed! That meal and experience is one of the highlights of my trip to England!

Thank you very much, Green Rocket! I wish I could visit on a regular basis!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Yum Yum Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having tried perhaps the more well known vegetarian restaurant in Bath, we were amazed that for a little corner cafe it packed such a punch.

Firstly the decor provides an oasis of calmness which is a stark contrast from the hectic sightseeing that is happening outside. The menu is enticing and the prices are reasonable, the staff are polite which adds to the charm of the place.

This cafe served some of the best vegi-food we had in Bath and the decaf coffee was superb. The presentation of the food was simply and actually all the better for it. We had the muchroom burger which was very filling and the Egyptian mezze which was excellent.

Make time to visit this small independent cafe and experience it for yourself - you won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere