“A special family meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“A special family meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Seven of us shared a very good dinner in Bath. The food was very fresh and the portions excellent. House wine also a very good standard. The staff were very attentive and beautifully turned out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Keeps getting better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We took Australian relatives to Bath, and had lunch in Nonna's. We already knew it was excellent, but they not only pleased three of us who enjoy food, but also satisfied one very fussy Australian who does not like 'different' food or drink.
We all had a very good lunch, thanks again Nonna's for coming up trumps.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Very disappointing.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We have dined at this restaurant on three occasions and we don't know why we returned the third time! Upon arrival we received a very cold reception and the waiting staff are not friendly.
My partner and I both ordered the tagliatelle ai funghi di bosco. The pasta was not well cooked and the mushrooms were chewy and slimy. While my plate had too much pasta to mushrooms, my partner's had hardly any pasta and too many mushrooms. He is a big eater but could not finish his meal.
Neither of us enjoyed our meals and won't return.
We spend a lot of time in Bath and there are so many fine restaurants there. Unfortunately this is not one of them.
I hate writing a bad review, but, in this case I felt I had to.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
LauraLicata, Owner at Nonna's Cucina Italiana, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your comments.

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your third visit to our restaurant as much as the first two.

The tagliatelle ai fungi is made using fresh and dried porcini muchrooms which may account for the texture you are referring to.

Regarding difference in portion size, this issue has now been raised with the kitchen team so we can hopefully do our best to avoid this problem in future.
Bath, United Kingdom
“Found hair in my food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Yesterday I went to have my lunch there and I found Hair in my food, absolutely disgusting.
I alerted the staff about this and asked for the bill, the bill came –everything was charged expect the returned plate with hair– no apologies just silent and strange looks from the waiters.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review.

I am extremely sorry this unfortunate incident occurred. I would like to reassure you that every effort is taken to ensure things of this nature do not happen. In fact, this is the first time (and hopefully the last!) something like this has happened.

I am pleased you were not charged for the dish that was affected but am very sorry you did not feel the waiters were sympathetic enough about this mistake.
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“this is what i call italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Friendly welcome, fantastic Italian food. The stuffed squid starter was excellent followed by the octopus pasta