“A very good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 459 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A taste of France in the heart of Bath. Atelier is a family friendly restaurant offering fantastic views of the River Avon and Pulteney Bridge.A new French dining experience has recently arrived at Hilton Bath City Hotel in Walcot Street, offering clientelle a real taste of bistro dining in an intimate yet informal setting.Atelier Restaurant focuses on the fusion between food, music and art, creating the atmosphere and tastes of the street and cafe culture of Paris and brings it lovingly to the World Heritage City of Bath.Atelier - the French for an art/craft studio suggests that thefood in the restaurant will be carefully crafted rather than just cooked. Offering lite bites and simple, rustic ‘plat du jour’ style menus. Atelier will offer a range of classic dishes from French onion soup and traditional garlic bread to fresh fish, seafood, Mediterraneanvegetables and their signature dish of chargrilled Steak Frite.
London, United Kingdom
“A very good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The restaurant is at the Hilton Hotel, and as we were staying there we decided to eat there.
The service was excellent, polite and prompt, with the food being extremely good and tasty with ample portions.

The atmosphere was very pleasant which contributed to a nice evening, so much so, that we chose to eat there again during our stay. We were not disappointed on our second visit.

Recommended.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic service, try the steak! ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My mother and I had a two course meal for dinner utilising the discounted price for hotel guests.

Whilst my steak and our vegetable sides were absolutely delicious the lamb rack my mother ordered was a disappointment.

The lamb was of a very low quality, with large bits of fat that hadn't be rendered properly and sinew throughout the meat that could barely be cut with a steak knife.
Only a small amount of meat was actually edible, we spoke with our waiter and thankfully the supplement cost was removed from our bill.

Nicholas our waiter was a delight and the desserts were absolutely divine.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have recently spent three days at the Hilton Bath Hotel where this restaurant is situated. Myself and 6 other ladies booked dinner for two nights in the Atelier restaurant and were exceptionally pleased with the service from all the staff. The food was delicious and reasonably priced, the presentation of all the meals was also impeccable and the staff very attentative.
The purpose of the visit was actually a Hen Do,( not the unruly kind! a civilised get together of a Varity of age groups, no straws and silly hats!)and on our last night we were presented with a lovely free desert plate inscribed with CONGRATULATIONS in chocolate. Our server for the evening GABY presented the surprise dish to me, and congratulated me personally. We were given 6 free artisan pastries which were delicious. Our servers were friendly, thoughtful and provided a personal touch to their service, we will definelty be returning again!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Champagne Cream Tea - delicious but expensive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My mum bought me a Groupon deal where you could get a champagne cream tea for 2 at half price (£12 each instead of £24 each normally). It was a special treat as we had our wedding reception here a few years back and she thought it would be a nice treat for us to go back there. A lot has changed in 3 years, the Atelier restaurant looks stunning now! Unfortunately the foyer had this really funky stench going on,like eggs or toilets and it stretched to the restaurant but luckily after 20 mins it went away. Nothing worse than turning up to a hotel or restaurant that smells bad!

The restaurant was dead (it was 5pm though) and we had the whole place to ourselves.The service was speedy and polite and I was surprised at how much food we got! There were smoked salmon and ham salad finger sandwiches which were ok, then 2 fruited scones each - I couldn't believe you get 2 (but I ate them both!) with clotted cream and strawberry and apricot jam. We got a huge pot of tea each, a slice of Lemon tart and a fruit tartlet. Far more food than I could cope with but my husband wasn't complaining!

We really enjoyed the experience as a treat but would not pay £24 each - I think it would be better to make it a bit cheaper and have 1 scone rather than 2 as it's a lot of food to manage on top of sandwiches and desserts.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't pay full price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I got a deal on Groupon for a three course Sunday Lunch, the food was good quality, but we wouldn't return and pay full price. Full price the meal would have been 60 pound for both of us, which we felt was rather overpriced.

• Visited April 2013